• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are posts counts important to you?
1 1

88,978 posts in this topic

So I am finding using the tablet a hassle,glad I don't have a mobile.someone could hold a blade to my neck and tell me to text and I would be unable.have made less than ten 'cell' calls ever and am very prou d....not impressed with this CHerry Red sampler from Classic Rock mag.. the SLF song on it is a live version blah blah bargy

So I am finding using the tablet a hassle,glad I don't have a mobile.someone could hold a blade to my neck and tell me to text and I would be unable.have made less than ten 'cell' calls ever and am very prou d....not impressed with this CHerry Red sampler from Classic Rock mag.. the SLF song on it is a live version blah blah bargy

I am not a big fan of mobiles myself, I have a works phone which I am forced to carry when I am there.

In life I dont use a phone, I dont want people to get me where ever I am and I hate it how they occupy everyones time.

Just stop and watch where ever you are and everyone around will be staring a some sort of screen, its a conspiracy I tell ya :preach:

You can be in mid conversation with someone and their phone rings and suddenly that takes precedence over anything we were saying.

off

I am not a big fan of mobiles myself, I have a works phone which I am forced to carry when I am there.

In life I dont use a phone, I dont want people to get me where ever I am and I hate it how they occupy everyones time.

Just stop and watch where ever you are and everyone around will be staring a some sort of screen, its a conspiracy I tell ya :preach:

You can be in mid conversation with

What? Sorry, my phone rang.

Agree. I was in a lift at Reading station for no more then 30 seconds to go up 5 floors and there were 3 people, heads down staring into their phones.

It does make me laugh what we have descended into. Techno-Zombies.

The mobile phone heralds the death of society.

Indeed.

No one strikes up a conversation in the pub anymore. If someone gets to a pub early instead of having a natter with the bar staff or with someone else... out comes the phone.

Before I went to Wales I had a couple of drinks in a bar opposite the station, I chatted the barstaff for a good half hour.

Years ago at work in our rest area, the banter at break and dinner time used to be fantastic, we used to have a proper laugh.

Now everyone, I mean everyone is just on their phone and a room with 30 people in it is almost silent.

I just think its sad really. :(

Indeed.

No one strikes up a conversation in the pub anymore. If someone gets to a pub early instead of having a natter with the bar staff or with someone else... out comes the phone.

Before I went to Wales I had a couple of drinks in a bar opposite the station, I chatted the barstaff for a good half hour.

They must have loved you.

Indeed.

They must have loved you.

They didn't. Haven't you seen "Everybody hates Chris" ?