• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are posts counts important to you?
1 1

88,978 posts in this topic

One of those flew right over my head from Dobbs Airforce Base in Atlanta. Loud as hell.

Atlanta!! ^^

:gossip: I thought he was in some chair in the UK......

I am, but I've been out to the States a few times. Windy Hill in Atlanta was probably one of my best stays, Buckhead was a great place to go drinking.

Gav in Atlanta!! ^^

Let me know next time you're out my way.

Will definitely do TJ (thumbs u

There was this one place we went drinking - Moondogs I think it was called - it was like 6 or 7 bars all crammed in one building. Very weird place, but I ended up going on a really weird drive with some people I didn't know and ended up at an English pub called the Cricketer's Arms. God knows how I got back to the hotel.

Woke up in Smyrna one morning as well after a really big session in Doc's bar. That place was awesome :headbang:

I'm gonna have to do some saving and get out there for a couple of weeks and try and fit you all into one visit :banana:
The Big Apple Con is coming up. If you wanna go, stay in NJ and I will drive you up with me. If you stay in NY it would be much more expensive. But that is one I will be at.

I'm gonna have to do some saving and get out there for a couple of weeks and try and fit you all into one visit :banana:
The Big Apple Con is coming up. If you wanna go, stay in NJ and I will drive you up with me. If you stay in NY it would be much more expensive. But that is one I will be at.

When's that Pat? I'm running low on days I can book off from work this year, it would more than likely be next year I can do it. That's a great offer though dude (worship)

Like a big male bonding love-in session you mean hm

Like a big male bonding love-in session you mean hm

Not quite, I think Diggler's involved as well.

The F-22 isn't gone... just no more being built here.

And talking about planes above the head, years back I was on my way to Atlantic Beach on the coast of NC, riding in my parents' car. Highway 70 goes right by Seymour Johnson (heheheheh) Air Force Base, and I watched planes to some aerial maneuvers at different altitudes while riding, when all of a sudden, it seemed like at about 100 feet above the deck, this F-15 Eagle comes power-sliding through the air right above the car! Loud as hell, and scary looking too, 'cause I had never seen an aircraft slinging it's azz-end around unless it was getting ready to crash!

I've always had an interest in military airplanes ever since. I even dallied with joining the armed forces when I was 16-17, had guys come out to the house and everything, but back then, my reliance on glasses and contact lenses excluded me from ever flying anything, and with my training in school, most told me at best I could be an aircraft mechanic.

I wanted to fly... so I never joined up. Now, I hear the rules aren't as strict...

*sigh*

-slym