• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are posts counts important to you?
1 1

88,978 posts in this topic

Even if it's BS, let's get something other than smiley graemlins going! Here's a joke:

A Kentucky Sheriff stops at a farm in rural Kentucky and talks with an old farmer.

He tells the farmer, "I need to inspect your farm for illegally grown drugs."

The old farmer says, "Okay, but don't go in that field over there."

The Sheriff verbally explodes saying, "Mister, I have the authority of the Sheriffs Department with me." Reaching into his rear pants pocket and removing his badge. The officer proudly displays it to the farmer. "See this badge? This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I wish on any land. No questions asked or answers given. Have I made myself clear? Do you understand?"

The old farmer nods politely and goes about his chores.

Later, the old farmer hears loud screams and spies the Sheriff running for his life and close behind is the farmer's bull. With every step the bull is gaining ground on the officer. The Sheriff is clearly terrified..

The old farmer immediately throws down his tools, runs to the fence and yells at the top of his lungs.....

"Your badge!! Show him your badge Smart !"

-slym

So I emailed Charlie Adlard to say thanks for the sketch he did me at Birmingham Comic Con, and he replied to me this morning! :whee:

Hi Gav -

Sorry to hear you couldn't make it to the con.

I'm glad I got the sketch done for you - it was a busy, busy few days - and I didn't expect it to be so, either. I probably wouldn't have seen you anyway at the party because I was only there for no more than half an hour and it wasn't very good to be honest...!

Thankyou for taking the time to write this e-mail and the kind words - they're always much appreciated. Hope you enjoy the sketch and hopefully you can make it to the next one... I'll be at Leeds and Bristol [next year], if you can make those.

Cheers

Charlie

So I emailed Charlie Adlard to say thanks for the sketch he did me at Birmingham Comic Con, and he replied to me this morning! :whee:

Hi Gav -

Sorry to hear you couldn't make it to the con.

I'm glad I got the sketch done for you - it was a busy, busy few days - and I didn't expect it to be so, either. I probably wouldn't have seen you anyway at the party because I was only there for no more than half an hour and it wasn't very good to be honest...!

Thankyou for taking the time to write this e-mail and the kind words - they're always much appreciated. Hope you enjoy the sketch and hopefully you can make it to the next one... I'll be at Leeds and Bristol [next year], if you can make those.

Cheers

Charlie

(worship)