• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jack Kirby art day!

36 posts in this topic

Actually I've had this piece for a little while but didn't have a great image of it.

Time to start the New Year off with a little bit o' large art Kirby!!! Also added it to my CAF gallery.

Journey Into Mystery 125 splash: Thor vs the Witch Doctor. Last issue of JIM before it was renamed Thor. And just a nice action splash, imho.

yay.gif

JIM125splash.jpg

Actually I've had this piece for a little while but didn't have a great image of it.

Time to start the New Year off with a little bit o' large art Kirby!!! Also added it to my CAF gallery.

Journey Into Mystery 125 splash: Thor vs the Witch Doctor. Last issue of JIM before it was renamed Thor. And just a nice action splash, imho.

yay.gif

JIM125splash.jpg

Where does he get those marvelous toys!

And so it begins...Romitaman's long promised update is finally underway. It just so happens he has a nice JIM splash:

http://www.romitaman.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=3819&Details=1&From=Room

I'm sure it will sell quick. Rhino, you should get a cut for getting everyone all hot-and- bothered for Kirby Thor splashes!

I like it..but what bugs me is that it doesn't show his face Christo_pull_hair.gif

And so it begins...Romitaman's long promised update is finally underway. It just so happens he has a nice JIM splash:

http://www.romitaman.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=3819&Details=1&From=Room

I'm sure it will sell quick. Rhino, you should get a cut for getting everyone all hot-and- bothered for Kirby Thor splashes!

I like it..but what bugs me is that it doesn't show his face Christo_pull_hair.gif

Best Part of that Splash:

"AM I NOT QUEEN OF THE FLYING TROLLS ? THERE IS NOTHING ULA DOES NOT DARE!"

Well, if she puts it that way.....

BTW...that is a superb piece of art Steve...you really have a nose for these early silver Kirby gems.

Chris

Thanks everybody!!!! acclaim.gif Really, I do appreciate all the kind comments. I'm happy to share this with y'all. And glad to have eveybody else share their Kirby pages. Long live The KING!!!! headbang.gif

I felt fortunate to get this piece. I love Kirby Thor (ok, ok, Kirby ANYTHING! 27_laughing.gif ), and even though this page doeesn't have a full Thor face, it has an energy that really struck me.

Blowout, I agree this is Kirby in his prime. Although there's a lot of justifiable criticism of Colletta, I always thought Vince did his best work inking Kirby's Thor material. I don't currently have any Kirby/Sinnott FF pages, so this is as good as it gets for me right now....

Kev, that's a sweet Kirby/Stone ToA splash. Great stuff!!! Keep 'em coming!

Josh, you've had some nice pieces on ComicLink lately, that's for sure. I think you've upgraded ComicLink in the eyes of a lot of art collectors. This one, for sure (geez, I sound like Mantis.... tongue.gif )

Chris, sorry the get-together didn't work out for you last week -- but everybody had such a good time we're going to try to do Chicago-area gatherings more often. I'll keep you posted! Anybody else in Chicagoland who wants to occasionally have dinner and talk comics and art send me a PM and I'll make sure the invites get out when next we meet.

Who else has some new Kirby? Share the art! Feel the love!

thumbsup2.gif

Who else has some new Kirby? Share the art! Feel the love!

Just this...does this count?

Chris

KirbyAvengers3.jpg

NICE! When did you pick this up? Great action page!

Thanks...I have actually had it for a little while, been too lazy to do a proper scan on it. So no one has really seen it besides me.

"You're pretty tough for a little guy"

Chris