• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Low grade AF 15 with color touch

25 posts in this topic

Straight up GOOD.

It would get a PLOD, as silly as it may be. What's the point of PLODDING a low grade book where the "resto" does nothing to improve apparent grade? screwy.gif

I was thinking the same thing. I suppose they dont want to reward peoples stupidity?

Straight up GOOD.

It would get a PLOD, as silly as it may be. What's the point of PLODDING a low grade book where the "resto" does nothing to improve apparent grade? screwy.gif

I was thinking the same thing. I suppose they dont want to reward peoples stupidity?

But if it isn't getting an improved grade, they aren't rewarding anything. The marker touches are just factored in with the rest of the flaws. So, the buyer is left to decide whether he/she wants a 2.0 with giant creases and a grease stain or he/she would like a 2.0 with chunks missing and marker bleeds.

Also, bear in mind, on lowgrade books like this, there is a good chance the "resto" was performed by some kid just trying (in vain) to make his book look a little better... there may have been no real effort to improve the numerical grade to deceive buyers.

IMO, this is where CGC should use a judgement call. On books where the work results in an increase in the apparent grade, PLOD it. When the work does not result in an increase in the apparent grade, factor the "repairs" as a flaw -- as you would a stain or pen mark -- and give it a blue label.