• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doug's Fantastic Fours 103-200

102 posts in this topic

Good point. I think the Surfer issues (121-123) have ALWAYS been on people's radars, and have always been hoarded. There are several issues that are just impossible to find in super hard grade (124, 139, 155, 163, 169) because of the cover colors.

It is becoming more and more difficult to find high grade issues of FF now in the 117-191 (20 cent through 35 cent) era, as they are disappearing into private collections. The cut-off for modern submissions is about issue 140, so the 117-139 issues are very underrepresented in the census.

Good point. I think the Surfer issues (121-123) have ALWAYS been on people's radars, and have always been hoarded. There are several issues that are just impossible to find in super hard grade (124, 139, 155, 163, 169) because of the cover colors.

It is becoming more and more difficult to find high grade issues of FF now in the 117-191 (20 cent through 35 cent) era, as they are disappearing into private collections. The cut-off for modern submissions is about issue 140, so the 117-139 issues are very underrepresented in the census.

I have found 169 to be especially difficult and finally settled for a VF copy since true NM ones seem to rarely come up... except at relatively high multiples.

In fact, of those you list, I think my copies are generally lower grade than surrounding issues.