• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

20 questions

263 posts in this topic

Motion Picture Funnies Weekly

you 893censored-thumb.gif! 27_laughing.gif

yes, the first appearance of the ever-lovin' Sub Mariner.

220px-MoPixFunWkly1.jpg

in my own defense, if i hadn't said "yes" to the "Published by Marvel" question, we would have burned through 17 publishers before we ever got to the real answer

But thats not marvel? And when I said sub mariner you could of at least said I was close you meatball! makepoint.gifpoke2.gif

220px-MoPixFunWkly1.jpg

in my own defense, if i hadn't said "yes" to the "Published by Marvel" question, we would have burned through 17 publishers before we ever got to the real answer

THATS NOT MARVEL sumo.gif

foreheadslap.gif

okay, so here's how the questions would have gone;

published by Marvel?

no.

published by DC?

no.

Fox?

no.

Centaur?

no.

Quality?

no.

EC?

no.

Fiction House?

no.

published by anyone?

yes.

distributed?

no.

Motion Picture Funnies Weekly was produced by Funnies, Inc., one of the 1930s-1940s Golden Age of comic books "packagers" that would create outsourced comics on demand for publishers. The company, founded by Centaur Publications art director Lloyd Jacquet, had originally been formed as First Funnies, Inc. to be a publisher itself, with Motion Picture Funnies Weekly as its initial product.

i mean, come on. what's the fun in that?

220px-MoPixFunWkly1.jpg

THATS NOT MARVEL sumo.gif

foreheadslap.gif

okay, so here's how the questions would have gone;

published by Marvel?

no.

published by DC?

no.

Fox?

no.

Centaur?

no.

Quality?

no.

EC?

no.

Fiction House?

no.

published by anyone?

yes.

distributed?

no.

Motion Picture Funnies Weekly was produced by Funnies, Inc., one of the 1930s-1940s Golden Age of comic books "packagers" that would create outsourced comics on demand for publishers. The company, founded by Centaur Publications art director Lloyd Jacquet, had originally been formed as First Funnies, Inc. to be a publisher itself, with Motion Picture Funnies Weekly as its initial product.

i mean, come on. what's the fun in that?

Yeah but when I said sub mariner1 you could have said no but you are very warm or something to that effect! makepoint.giftongue.gif Next!