• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WANTED: Bill Barnes #7 (1942) any grade

25 posts in this topic

Trooper,... do you really need a 9.6 pedigree copy of this book ? couldn't you just get a nice looking VF/NM or so?? or is it the pedigree factor that you enjoy about this book ?? just wondering. confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree. We sold a VF/NM non-pedigree copy 3 months ago for $145. A lot cheaper than a 9.6 Gaines copy.

S

Trooper,... do you really need a 9.6 pedigree copy of this book ? couldn't you just get a nice looking VF/NM or so?? or is it the pedigree factor that you enjoy about this book ?? just wondering. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm guessing that sometimes when you just NEED a copy and a pedigree is the only thing available, you pay up for the pedigree (even if you'd have been happy with a different, cheaper copy). It's happened to me more than once, and will happen to me again.

Whatever high guide is on this book, it is no where near $600 IMO. If Metro wants to sell this book methinks they need to price it below $500, then I'd buy it.

GP Analysis show that a 9.6 Gaines sold for $632.50 (not the copy I have) and a 9.4 Gaines sold for $575. Those are the only 2 copies listed. How then is asking $640 for a CGC 9.6 unreasonable?

S

Apparently I can't state an opinion that I THOUGHT that $600+ was too much for the book. And just because 1 book was purchased at that price does not mean subsequent books of that calibre should be priced that high. And in my OPINION an analysis should be taken on a book's apparent worth by averaging more than one book's sale.

Bottom Line Up Front: I was just giving my opinion at what price I would consider purchasing the book. If I came off as harsh or unreasonable I appologize. Any business owner can set the price of their merchandise however they want.

I agree. We sold a VF/NM non-pedigree copy 3 months ago for $145. A lot cheaper than a 9.6 Gaines copy.

S

I was not interested in the 9.6 for its pedigree status, at the time I just wanted a HG copy of the book. Whether that book was a 9.0-9.6 I don't care. And $145 for a VF/NM is very reasonable for this book, I would have bought it if I saw it.