• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS - Another Northern Virginia Original Owner Collection

75 posts in this topic

VG/F copy of Amazing Spider-Man 25. First appearance of Mary Jane Watson (face not shown). Tear on interior page, some scuffing at corners. You want a sleeper Silver Age book? This is it, if the rumors coming out of Marvel about Mary Jane are true. $75

spidey025.jpg

takeit.gif

VG/F copy of Green Lantern 84. Wrightson assists Adams. Crease top left corner, looks like a bounce. Small spider creases on spine. Crease at bottom right. That crease looks MUCH worse in a scan than in hand $12

greenlantern084.jpg

"Hmm, I'm seeing a lot of self-proclaimed original owner collections lately. I should have said something last year when I found a collection that contained long runs of '60s - '80s books like Batman (148-447), Detective (330 - 619), Flash (123 - 350), Hulk (102-350), Brave/Bold (34-100), Justice League 2- 300, JIM/Thor (109-384), Tomb of Dracula (1-70), MTU (30-100),

MTIO (1-100),Iron Man (50-250) + 2K more bronze age books including WBN,Hex,Action,Adventure..."

Donut is not trying to claim any sort of pedigree status here. Few of these are high enough grade to warrant that. "Original owner" (if you accept it as true) mainly means that it's more likely that there has been no funny business with the books, unless, of course, the original owner is comickeys or someone like that.

"Hmm, I'm seeing a lot of self-proclaimed original owner collections lately. I should have said something last year when I found a collection that contained long runs of '60s - '80s books like Batman (148-447), Detective (330 - 619), Flash (123 - 350), Hulk (102-350), Brave/Bold (34-100), Justice League 2- 300, JIM/Thor (109-384), Tomb of Dracula (1-70), MTU (30-100),

MTIO (1-100),Iron Man (50-250) + 2K more bronze age books including WBN,Hex,Action,Adventure..."

Donut is not trying to claim any sort of pedigree status here. Few of these are high enough grade to warrant that. "Original owner" (if you accept it as true) mainly means that it's more likely that there has been no funny business with the books, unless, of course, the original owner is comickeys or someone like that.

Yes, I know that OO collection is different from a pedigree. And I also know better than to call what I discovered a pedigree.

Pete

Yes, I know that OO collection is different from a pedigree. And I also know better than to call what I discovered a pedigree.

Pete

I'm not calling it a pedigree. Perhaps I should change it to "Another original owner collection FROM Northern Virginia." No funny business with the books. thumbsup2.gif