• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST STANDINGS

84 posts in this topic

So we did away with the 1 point (mentioned here)?

Points awarded are 4 - 2 - 1, dont worry about how it is scored, I know and will keep track. Page 1 over in general forums has the breakdown if you want to recheck.

Nope here is how the 1 point is awarded.

On books falling between 3.0 - 9.0 and you are .5 + / - you will receive 1 point.

2 points are awarded when you are + / - .2 off on books grading 9.0 - 9.8

4 points for nailing the grade

3 bonus points if you pick the plod correctly, but only have 1 guess

So we did away with the 1 point (mentioned here)?

Points awarded are 4 - 2 - 1, dont worry about how it is scored, I know and will keep track. Page 1 over in general forums has the breakdown if you want to recheck.

Nope here is how the 1 point is awarded.

On books falling between 3.0 - 9.0 and you are .5 + / - you will receive 1 point.

2 points are awarded when you are + / - .2 off on books grading 9.0 - 9.8

4 points for nailing the grade

3 bonus points if you pick the plod correctly, but only have 1 guess

OK, thanks for that clarification.

I was rather hoping for 1 point for being within 0.5 in the 9.0 to 9.8 as well... poke2.gif

Not that I'm trying to make extra work for anyone 893scratchchin-thumb.gif, but wouldn't it be cool if the standings had an additional color coding to denote whether the guess was over or under the actual grade?

I guess we can all play at home, but it might help to ramp up the trash-talking... poke2.gif

Nik..if you posted the CGC grades with the book I may be able to get more then the first 1 correct insane.gif

(Still not 100% sure though my eyesight it not what it used to be smile.gif )

Nik,

I know you are doing a lot already so I am hesitant to ask anything. That said 27_laughing.gif, I have a suggestion.

Could you edit the "standings" post on the 1st page with the updated standings at the end of each round? It takes a little bit of digging to see how one did once a round of grading is completed, and it is just going to get harder and harder as the rounds pass and this threads grows larger and larger.