• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Philadelphia Dinner (yes it's early, but read why I'm posting)

77 posts in this topic

Okay -- well a slight hitch... Maggiano's is already booked in the larger room for Saturday evening -- they could have accomodated 90 people but... Temple is holding a function there and the only room they have seats 40.

So... I will be spending tomorrow finding another place for us -- I want to know now what people are willing to spend to attend this dinner. I already know that some of the steak houses could probably accomodate us like Capital Grille or Smith and Wollys, but I don't want to be exclusionary based on cost, so let's hear some feedback.

Keep in mind Maggiano's would have run $50 a head.

I'm just starting to enter into negotiations to get a completely private restaurant for the event. It would mean essentially booking the entire place for the evening from about 7:30 to close. I actually don't believe it would be cost prohibitive. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) the place is BYOB. I'm pretty sure I'd be willing to spring for some of the wine/alcohol. I'd be able to gauge how many people then would really be drinking... but still -- all things being equal, this might just be the best option.

I'm just starting to enter into negotiations to get a completely private restaurant for the event. It would mean essentially booking the entire place for the evening from about 7:30 to close. I actually don't believe it would be cost prohibitive. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) the place is BYOB. I'm pretty sure I'd be willing to spring for some of the wine/alcohol. I'd be able to gauge how many people then would really be drinking... but still -- all things being equal, this might just be the best option.

*hic* I'll bring a vottle of bine! tongue.gif

Actually doesnt' matter where to me. Private restaurant or place where you can get a steak as big as your head. It's all good!

thumbsup2.gif

And seriously, if you go with the BYOB place I'll bring a bottle of wine, no problem! But only if I get to spill it on a Mile High II yay.gif