• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF #15 $150K!!!

114 posts in this topic

Rewind back to Febuary of 2002,Were those books that i sold going for what they are now?

but u jumped at the sale and sur ethe #14 is a great book to have...all i am saying was that if u had kept even the DD #1 or the Hulk #181 u could have recouped some of the $$ but i know u like to get reamed so this is just another example.

jealous? yeah right. are u still putting those adds in the boston phoenix lookin for men...using short,pale and ugly to describe yourself is not the way to go. u need to go on "queer eye for the (non) straight guy" 27_laughing.gif

anyway.....off to get in a quick 9 holes of golf... cloud9.gif

please......in the past 4 months, i have made sales over $11K so spare me the BS and get to work.....gotta pay for those books.

Someone get me a shovel..it's getting awfully high.

i document all my sales.....unless excel suddenly stopped working, my totals add up to $11,150. cloud9.gif

27_laughing.gif...good thing you have people shill bidding your auctions 893applaud-thumb.gif Your full of it gman

Definitely agree with DAM on the ASM 14, that was a good deal struck and the trade was definitely a good one... overall, ASM 14 is the biggest key book (although y'know a DD#1 in 9.4 might be the best) of the books involved in the trade. The movie made the ASM 14 a primo book (and it was before)... depending on what I was into on the books, I woulda definitely pulled the trigger on that deal.

Dam,

thanx,Your right though, I might as well have the first apperance of the Joker,I've seen gman's collection...His best book right now (most expensive) is a very common Spidey 129 9.6.

Joker! Now you're talking!! grin.gif Scarcity does matter though and will undoubtedly have a huge impact on price appreciation.

Personally last year I traded a Hulk 181 cgc 9.6 (OW) and a GS 1 cgc 9.6 (OW) for a bunch of cash and a ton of great Batman books. The books are obviously not as nice as the Hulk 181 or the GS 1 in terms of $$$, but to my collection, cloud9.gif

In all this dollars and cents I think it's also important to collect what you like.

DAM

Gman, I think you're just arguing for the sake of bagging on Kevin.

Hindsight is 20/20. It's easy to say he should have done this or that now, but when it comes time to make a decision there isn't the luxary of hindsight.

Regardless of current market hype, Cap 100 and Hulk 181 don't even compare to an ASM #14 in 9.4 in investment potential, scarcity or anything else. I think Cap #100 is a great book, but for a silver key it's ridiculously common as is IM #1, Subby #1, Nick Fury #1, and to a lesser extent Surfer #1 and #4. And as for Hulk #181, you could hold a convention for everyone who owns a 9.4, and guys like Bruce seem to have 9.6's invading their basements.

As Dam already said, there isn't the luxary of buying books at the right times, especially of this caliber. At the time he bought it, people were hungry for this book and his window of opportunity was small. He couldn't have known how many other chances he would have had. The money he **could** have made is now irrelevant. I don't know of one businessman who is able to capitalize on maximum profits ALL of the time, let alone a collector. Kevin made a move, and IMO it was the right one.

Gman, I think you're just arguing for the sake of bagging on Kevin.

Hindsight is 20/20. It's easy to say he should have done this or that now, but when it comes time to make a decision there isn't the luxary of hindsight.

Regardless of current market hype, Cap 100 and Hulk 181 don't even compare to an ASM #14 in 9.4 in investment potential, scarcity or anything else. I think Cap #100 is a great book, but for a silver key it's ridiculously common as is IM #1, Subby #1, Nick Fury #1, and to a lesser extent Surfer #1 and #4. And as for Hulk #181, you could hold a convention for everyone who owns a 9.4, and guys like Bruce seem to have 9.6's invading their basements.

As Dam already said, there isn't the luxary of buying books at the right times, especially of this caliber. At the time he bought it, people were hungry for this book and his window of opportunity was small. He couldn't have known how many other chances he would have had. The money he **could** have made is now irrelevant. I don't know of one businessman who is able to capitalize on maximum profits ALL of the time, let alone a collector. Kevin made a move, and IMO it was the right one.

Well Said Andrew...but gman is just trying to [!@#%^&^] me off,everyone that has responded to this thread seems awefully support of in my choosing this book at the time,only gman thinks otherwise...naturally.

I didn't pay 12K for it you insufficiently_thoughtful_person,wrong again

well enlighten us then....if memory serves, it was hulk #181 cgc 9.4, DD #1 cgc 9.2, Cap #100 cgc 9.4 plus a few other high graders plus several thousand....???? Please correct me if i am mistaken. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Let me see if I understand everyone here :

census numbers

Hulk 181 9.4 -9.9 160

Daredevil 9.2 - 9.6 33

Cap 100 9.4 + 80

ASM 14 9.4 + 14

Hmmmm....

I don't think there is any doubt about it, ASM #14 is the hands down winner. I think most of us here would love to own that book in 9.4. It is FAR tougher than the DD, Cap or Hulk.

Its a no brainer, nice deal Kevin, and you are obviously very happy with the book which is important too. grin.gif

but of course those were not the only books involved plus the additional $$$.....and of course the asm #14 is the better book but it is the price paid that i am talkin about.

Great book Shuley (no c!), even if it is a little squashed! wink.gif

Not that I would personally go out and pay/trade what it would take to get one, but I sure wish I had one (even after JC telling me "Sorry banner, but you lead one seriously uneventful life." after I said I envied the book). Some people just don't get it...