• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : Round 6

87 posts in this topic

Weird, i was looking at this book and I graded it a 9.6, but I didnt know how much to take off for the weird discoloration thing on the back. Apparently you dont take anything off ???

:P

Artboy99

Sheet on the back is now a production defect. makepoint.gif

I waz going 9.6 but dropped to 9.4 'cause of dat dar poop stain.

I'z gots me a lots of learning to do about me grading it seems.

insane.gif

frustrated.gif i was fooled by the census... thought it looked higher than 9.2 , gotta go with my gut feeling next time tonofbricks.gif

I highly doubt the books being used for the contest have hit the census yet tonofbricks.gif

frustrated.gif i was fooled by the census... thought it looked higher than 9.2 , gotta go with my gut feeling next time tonofbricks.gif

I highly doubt the books being used for the contest have hit the census yet tonofbricks.gif

Yearh i thought so, but with one of the books i went with my feeling on a grade that wasnt on the census where the actual grade was represented there... well im all the wiser for it now.. insane.gif

cheater poke2.gif

Im betting the census gets a lot of hits these days... grin.gif Well it did seem like a giveaway considering only three other people than Nik has decided to slab their copy of Fear 9... tongue.gif

Weird, i was looking at this book and I graded it a 9.6, but I didnt know how much to take off for the weird discoloration thing on the back. Apparently you dont take anything off ???

Artboy99

Apparently it's a printing defect, so little to no deduction on 9.6 I suppose.

So, I guess if we'd asked about it. We'd have gotten that answer? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Cause I was the dumb one (and the only dumb one) shy.gif to go 8.0 thinking that was some smudge. Yeesh, no more assumption for me. tonofbricks.giftonofbricks.gif

cheater poke2.gif

Im betting the census gets a lot of hits these days... grin.gif Well it did seem like a giveaway considering only three other people than Nik has decided to slab their copy of Fear 9... tongue.gif

893naughty-thumb.gifi haven't used it once to help me determine a grade for this contest!

Artboy99

So, I guess if we'd asked about it. We'd have gotten that answer? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Cause I was the dumb one (and the only dumb one) shy.gif to go 8.0 thinking that was some smudge. Yeesh, no more assumption for me. tonofbricks.giftonofbricks.gif

I asked if it was a stain or a printing defect. Nik said "no stain". He didn't describe what it was, just not a stain.

Artboy99

I asked if it was a stain or a printing defect. Nik said "no stain". He didn't describe what it was, just not a stain.

I also asked the stain question, i got the reply that it was dirtmark

Artboy99

I was all like thinking, "Don't bother Nik with questions. Just guess your grade and go".

Stupid Paladin! Stupid! foodsmiley0181yr3.gif