• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman 1 on Ebay.....seller claims "great shape"

30 posts in this topic

This book was also originally in a protective jacket that was ripped off to show only the reproduction book.

The value of this repro in that shape is 5 dollars. I have 2 or 3 mint ones I paid 25 dollars for. If you want it 5 Bucks is a fair price.No sarcasim. I am dead serious.

Forgot also a Famous 1st will have a much smaller space between the word superman and the top of the book. The word Superman will almost touch the top of the cover where a real one will have a space of a 1/2 or slightly more.

I believe the easiest way to spot a Supes 1 FFE is that it's missing the dotted lines along the spine on the back cover that the original had....though it doesn't do much good when only the front cover is scanned.

Obviously not a member of the Boards, as I don't think we would agree with his grading...........

1619729-supes1.jpg

The link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Superman-1-DC-1939-C...tem230087241871

S4;

Thanks for provding the link to this auction for me as Action Comics #1 has always been one of my grails.

Since I am currently in the process of obtaining this book from the seller, it would be greatly appreciated if the rest of my fellow board members refrain from bidding on this book in the interim. I am extremely optimisitic in being able to acquire my personal grail as I have just sent the seller the following question:

Hi Guys;

Can you please give me the sizing dimensions for this book?

If this is indeed the Famous First Editions which it very obviously appears to be, I would be more than willing to pay you the full market value of $5.00 for this book. Although this is a very generous offer on my part, I would be more than willing to pay full price considering that it is extremely rare to find a copy of this book in such low grade, as most copies are in high grade.

Thanks and I look foward to receiving a response from you ASAP since I am extremely interested in bidding on this book as I do not want to miss the opportunity of a lifetime to find such a low grade copy of a very common book.

Based upon my above question to the seller, it should be clearly evident to you guys that I am indeed very sincere in my interest to acquire this book. As a result, I will repeat myself again: Although this hobby or ours can be a real dog eat dog world sometimes, I would really appreciate it if you guys could refrain from bidding and attempt to scoop this book out from underneath me before I get a response back from the seller.

Thanks again;

Lou

Obviously not a member of the Boards, as I don't think we would agree with his grading...........

1619729-supes1.jpg

The link:

S4;

Thanks for provding the link to this auction for me as Action Comics #1 has always been one of my grails.

Since I am currently in the process of obtaining this book from the seller, it would be greatly appreciated if the rest of my fellow board members refrain from bidding on this book in the interim. I am extremely optimisitic in being able to acquire my personal grail as I have just sent the seller the following question:

Hi Guys;

If this is indeed the Famous First Editions which it very obviously appears to be, I would be more than willing to pay you the full market value of $5.00 for this book. Although this is a very generous offer on my part, I would be more than willing to pay full price considering that it is extremely rare to find a copy of this book in such low grade, as most copies are in high grade.

Thanks and I look foward to receiving a response from you ASAP since I am extremely interested in bidding on this book as I do not want to miss the opportunity of a lifetime to find such a low grade copy of a very common book.

Based upon my above question to the seller, it should be clearly evident to you guys that I am indeed very sincere in my interest to acquire this book. As a result, I will repeat myself again: Although this hobby or ours can be a real dog eat dog world sometimes, I would really appreciate it if you guys could refrain from bidding and attempt to scoop this book out from underneath me before I get a response back from the seller.

Thanks again;

Lou

I just emailed him with an offer of $5.01. poke2.gif

1619729-supes1.jpg

The link:

S4;

Hi Guys;

Thanks again;

Lou

I just emailed him with an offer of $5.01. poke2.gif

Boy, what an *spoon* I was! foreheadslap.gif

Now we know who our real friends are. I knew I shouldn't have come on here and expressed interest in a book that I was planning on purchasing. As others have stated, it's better to keep it flying low under the radar.

I just emailed the seller and upped my offer to him for the book. You may as well give up now since I can increase my offer again as you'll never be able to guess mow many more loose pennies I have in my pocket. When it comes to a historical book such as this, every little penny counts and makes all the difference in the world. In addition, with my more than generous offers, I don't think the seller will be able to hold out much longer.

And as for you.......... 893naughty-thumb.gifsumo.gif