• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : Round 7

84 posts in this topic

Wow...I thought I was going too tough for 8.5. This is a darn nice looking 7.0 compared to that TEC book. Wow.

I thought I was being a bad aze guessing 8.0.

893censored-thumb.gif

Wow, so many goose eggs.... makes me start thinking about Easter.

Glad I had a lot of company at the 9.0 grade. yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif What, only 4 people scored any points that round? Brutal!

Totally did NOT see any crease below Angel's feet. Even being told there's a crease there, I can see only the most incredibly tiny hint of a crease, still can't even be sure it's there where I'm looking. sorry.gifsorry.gifsorry.gifsorry.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Diagonal crease from right edge to bottom edge just below Angels feet kills this book gossip.gif

Kinda tough to see that crease in the yellow zone . . . keep submiting books like this, and we'll be here until 2008! insane.gif27_laughing.gif

How are we supposed to submit a grade, if flaws are not visible on the scan ?

Even more if we don't have the grader notes ?

I personally gave this book a grade of 9.0, and it's for sure in the 9.0 range without the crease.

I give up.

And yes, you may have noticed, i'm frustrated.gif

Maybe i should not take all this contest too seriously 27_laughing.gif

Damn was i off on this one tonofbricks.gif

I guessed 9.0 myself, didnt see the crease and was sure i would get points on this one, tongue.gif

It pust it in perspective when you buy raw books based on scans, huh? I guess i was too lazy this time to ask questions about hidden creases, but i dont think there is anything wrong with the way the contest is running. It is simulating real-life scenarios when you buy books on most dealer sites, maybe except Metro who always emails better and bigger scans before you close the deal.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif for the next one...

From worst to "spot on". 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif I need to buy a lottery ticket tomorrow.

Well if you put a monkey in front of a typewriter long enough, eventually it will learn how to type poke2.gifstooges.gif

Well spotted, either you have a secret weapon or you ask just the right questions.

Keep it up 893applaud-thumb.gif

tonofbricks.gif

this is the worst i have ever done in any grading contest, ever. jeebus. makes me feel like quitting the hobby

Double tonofbricks.gif

I will say that I have a new monitor (both at work and at home) since the last time we had grading contests here (and I still can't see the frustrated.gif crease).

Or, maybe this is what I get for slacking off on buying books and just enjoying the stories in the ones I have. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

tonofbricks.gif

this is the worst i have ever done in any grading contest, ever. jeebus. makes me feel like quitting the hobby

Double tonofbricks.gif

I will say that I have a new monitor (both at work and at home) since the last time we had grading contests here (and I still can't see the frustrated.gif crease).

Or, maybe this is what I get for slacking off on buying books and just enjoying the stories in the ones I have.

That's a great idea thumbsup2.gif

Could any photoshop experts out there help the blind (me hi.gif) and point out the stains and the crease for me? (and for the few others who can't see them)

Thank you in advance!

Ernie

The one stain that I saw (on the back cover, lower left edge) I should have asked about.