• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else collecting Silver Streak? Let's see 'em!

79 posts in this topic

One of my favorite short series of the Golden Age is Silver Streak Comics. From the metallic early covers (first ones in the industry, I believe) to the underrated later ones, it's a great series to show off. And the stories are actually really good! Captain Battle is better than you'd think, and The Claw is one of the best villains of the era.

I'll start off with Silver Streak #14, my favorite later cover:

silverstreak14.jpg

Paging Billy Parker!

I thought he was a Timely guy! Don't tell me he can take one of his trademarked 2nd floor balcony shots down to a full Silver Streak run too!

27_laughing.gif

Not sure about that yet. But he is on the run, I know that. He attacks these runs like you do. I'm sure it won't be long until we see a group shot from him on Streaks.

I just bought a Silver Streak 1 & 2 on eBay, and then the seller told me the books had already been sold previously at a show frown.gif So I don't know if its fair to say I am collecting Silver Streaks since I don't actually have any, but I love those early silver covers, and hope to put together a little mini-run of those someday.

CentaurMan, are trying to torture me ? poke2.gif

Well, I'll put these two up before anyone else does! But then thats it for me... Would love to build a run of the first ten issues, but that would be a ways off for me.

I agree, the stories are really awesome, and the art is cool . #6 has got to me my favorite GA book I own in terms of being incredibly strong, cover to cover. I think it deserves its own cult:

1623128-SS%236POST.jpg

589a920a6e79e_1623128-SS6POST.jpg.defdf36331bfe9bba1e41d7f97bb393e.jpg