• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your opinions requested - should I have Creig Flessel sign my Detective #10?

68 posts in this topic

I'd love to send you my Adventure #37 for him to sign, but he told me he didn't draw that cover (even though CGC credits him on their label).

Hmmm, then maybe just have him sign the label.

27_laughing.gif

Has he opted for a lunch as opposed to the forum dinner?

We don't know about the dinner yet. I'm going to tell him about the dinner while we're having lunch and if he sounds interested, I'll ask him if he would like to be a guest of honor at the dinner. We'll see.

We don't know about the dinner yet. I'm going to tell him about the dinner while we're having lunch and if he sounds interested, I'll ask him if he would like to be a guest of honor at the dinner. We'll see.

What dinner? When & where? I might have to fly out for that, if he were up to it. Obviously at 94 he can do whatever the hell he wants.

What dinner? When & where? I might have to fly out for that, if he were up to it. Obviously at 94 he can do whatever the hell he wants.

It's the WonderCon forum dinner. There is a thread about it in comics general. We've got 40 people coming so far, but there is room for more if need be.

I dislike the idea of getting books signed decades after they were printed. Signature on first page is kind of OK, but sig on cover absolutely not.

I have made posters (actually huge photographs) from some of my books. I think they are great for signatures.

I agree with Arty. confused-smiley-013.gif IMO that yellow label stuff is right up there with the Home Shopping Channel. But I respect your going with the mob, er majority rule. I'd like to hear a good Harry Donenfeld story. thumbsup2.gif

I dislike the idea of getting books signed decades after they were printed. Signature on first page is kind of OK, but sig on cover absolutely not.

I have made posters (actually huge photographs) from some of my books. I think they are great for signatures.

I agree with Arty. confused-smiley-013.gif IMO that yellow label stuff is right up there with the Home Shopping Channel. But I respect your going with the mob, er majority rule. I'd like to hear a good Harry Donenfeld story. thumbsup2.gif

Ok. What you really want is a sketch. Just ask for that. devil.gif

If I were going, I'd bring my one book with a Flessel cover, have him sign it, get it slabbed, then hang it in my comic room.