• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHOW US YOUR CANADIAN "WHITES"

17 posts in this topic

1625817-super1.jpg

Love the Canadian changes to this cover. Shield has a union jack instead of american flag, and they not only omitted the plug for the U.S. radio show, they cut out any reference to broadcast radio and changed the dialogue so it'd play like Archie was calling Jughead on an intercom or something.

Question for the group - I'm not familiar with the Super or Archie books but are those canadian whites? I tend to think of the whites as the all-original Canadian books like the Triumph posted above...

Probably someone with more knowlege than me could give you a better answer, but my impression is they are somewhere in between Canadian Whites and the Canadian editions of US books.

The Super and Archie books are in black and white and at least some of the covers and interior stories have been redrawn. Also the cover to at least one issue of Super (the first one I posted) is original to that book. So, there is some original content, but much is reprinted/based on the US versions.

What do the Canadian experts think?

Probably someone with more knowlege than me could give you a better answer, but my impression is they are somewhere in between Canadian Whites and the Canadian editions of US books.

That was my impression too.

Yes sir!

Interesting note about those Bell Features books (at least the one lonely copy of Wow 6 I had for a short time) is that they are really more blue and white on the interiors than black and white. It allowed for a nice range of tones actually.. I quite liked it.

Are all the Cdn Whites blue-and-white interiors or just the Bell Features books?