• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What vintage CGC investment area will increase most in the next 10 years?

41 posts in this topic

i agree with shiverbones that the duck books are popular worldwide, especially uncle scrooge in europe. i think the continuous reprinting of stories help maintain interest and is an indication of popularity. as young readers get older they may want the original issues. i see quite a few european collectors buying and selling duck books. the number of different issues and the tremendous print runs in the 40s and 50s of a couple million per issue for common disney books will keep prices in check. original ec comics are still popular even after 4 or 5 generations of reprints. people must be interested in buying ec comics even with the new hardback color ec reprints coming out otherwise they wouldn't be printing them, right? i think it's true that there's not too much upside for western comics.

getting back to the original question, the books with the most upside would be high-grade gold or silver key superhero books of long-standing characters like batman, superman & spiderman obviously. let me look into my crystal ball...early actions, batmans, supermans, detectives, timelys with capt america, submariner, human torch, spidermans, x-men. anyone on the silver surfer bandwagon yet? most of these characters have been around for over 40-60 years, been in movies, tv, toys, games, in continuous reprints and are instantly recognizable by a majority of the general populace. probably most of the collectors/speculators know this already.

my dark horse picks- early archies and maybe early underground comix like zap comix , bijou funnies, freak brothers.