• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM TOS 55.. Guess the CGC Grade!

41 posts in this topic

i realize people are trying to give you a decent grade but i am just a little more picky the most grant it ur copy of tos 55 looks great i hate to grade it at being at highest a 5.5. the reason is the bottom of pages have what appears to be warped as well as the dings in the bottom right corner a discoloration above and rounding in both top corners. still looks nice and sorry so hard and brutal a grade.

i realize people are trying to give you a decent grade but i am just a little more picky the most grant it ur copy of tos 55 looks great i hate to grade it at being at highest a 5.5. the reason is the bottom of pages have what appears to be warped as well as the dings in the bottom right corner a discoloration above and rounding in both top corners. still looks nice and sorry so hard and brutal a grade.

While I might not give the book an 8.5 myself - it looks like there is a color breaking dent in the blue blurb - perhaps a

scanner artifact or printing defect if CGC didn't downgrade for it - I can't see calling it a 5.5 under any circumstance. With all respect, if it looks that way to you, you must be disappointed with just about anyone elses grading.

That being said - welcome to the boards! flowerred.gif

don't sweat it! Being as CGC graded it an 8.5 i am sure you won't hurt his feelings!Noob! screwy.gif

Do you submit books to CGC for grading? Just wondering how they did for you? I actually thought the book would get a 4.5 grade because of all the stuff wrong with it. I must be lucky!

Oh and welcome to the boards newbie.

Do you submit books to CGC for grading? Just wondering how they did for you? I actually thought the book would get a 4.5 grade because of all the stuff wrong with it. I must be lucky!

Oh and welcome to the boards newbie.

27_laughing.gif

8.5 was my grade. Scanning books is tricky, it makes some flaws larger than life and other ones seem to disappear. I really enjoyed the 5.5 grade. If that guy sells books I want to buy them ALL. He's really hard on grades!

27_laughing.gif

8.5 was my grade. Scanning books is tricky, it makes some flaws larger than life and other ones seem to disappear. I really enjoyed the 5.5 grade. If that guy sells books I want to buy them ALL. He's really hard on grades!

27_laughing.gif

yeah that was pretty ridiculous

sounds like CGC got one right for you this time thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif

you could wipe your butt with that book and still get higher than a 5.5. of course, you would have to wipe with your pants still on, no need to get ridiculous...

actually, in this forum, you should have gotten a 4, because you didn't scan the BC. for shame!

you could wipe your butt with that book and still get higher than a 5.5. of course, you would have to wipe with your pants still on, no need to get ridiculous...

actually, in this forum, you should have gotten a 4, because you didn't scan the BC. for shame!

I couldn't scan the back cover because it doesn't have one. I tore it off a week ago to write down a phone number. Don't worry, my brother is a TV repair man. He has some really cool tools. He can fix it right up, you will hardly notice the repair. But you may still see the phone number....Anyone want to change their guess now?

27_laughing.gif