• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age download site

57 posts in this topic

I believe that the ring does exist. Saw a picture of it a few years back.

S

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now that you mention it, I do beleve we have seen an example of the ring....here on these boards. I don't have time to do a search right now, but the thread would mention "Wonder Comics # 1".

Shield is a good guy, so he has my sympathy. But, he was trying to make a buck... that's why he's catching a little hostility. Nevertheless, I appreciate all the guys who make the golden age books accessible. I was going to post all the Four Favorites issues on my website and that turned into quite a pain. But, now I'm motivated to start my own thread. I feel like Jack Liebowitz... er, or is it more like Harry Donenfeld?

Public Domain Exploitation of the Blood and Sweat of Others in the True Spirit of the Golden Age

This thread definitely needs a :bump:

A friend put me onto this website and I checked it out today. Excellent source for soooooooo many golden age books. Have a look! (thumbs u

Andy

I never read the first four pages but having gone back and done that now it was quite an enlightening 'discussion'.

Did those two guys kiss & make-up and are they still around now?

After finding GoldenAgeDownloads.com, and recently being hepped to Beru's Disney Comics Fan Page here, I'll probably never have time to read the contents of those sites in my lifetime. I wonder how big a site rip of Beru's would be? Bigger than my ancient hard-drive fo sho.

Until just a few moments ago I was totally sympathising with the "public domain" theory, BUT!

I just read an article in one of europes biggest newspapers, called "Frankfurter Allgemeine" which sais, that someone got sued from a gps-company, because he tried to sell his old gps on ebay, with the picture the company uses to sell their product.

The company won and he had to pay 3.000 euros which is nearly $4.000!!! For european measures that´s a lot, since this kind of accuses are not tolerated.

Well, looks like only Shield has the right to use his scans and none else, without his permission.

Too bad................still, I sympathise with the public domain theory :D

For everyone who reads german, here´s the link:

http://www.faz.net/s/Rub4C34FD0B1A7E46B88B0653D6358499FF/Doc~E10D4682D56B3464E88F2AD99C263094D~ATpl~Ecommon~Scontent.html