• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : Round 17

86 posts in this topic

this is the farthest I have been off, I went 8.5. On my moniter it looks like one of the spine stresses is 1/2" long, and there is a small edge tear/ crease on back. confused-smiley-013.gif

completely agree:

Small rip in back cover keeps this book out of the 9's guys. Yet 81 of you guess 9.0+

I am at a loss.

Artboy99

Care to enlighten me where this tear is on the back cover? If you are reffering to the mark just left of the Christmas Santa box, that is not a tear confused-smiley-013.gif

I thought that was a small tear as well. This is where just going by the scans can be deceiving. I also thought there was a indentation by Spidey's left wrist.

It would be more accurate of-course to grade these in hand, that is why

I am inviting everyone to Minnesota next year to stay with me where we can grade these in hand. Minnesota has had the best weather in the U.S. for the past 4 years, so come on over. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifhi.gifhi.gif

I don't mean to slam the books, or the effort of putting on this contest Nik.

Please accept my apologies for being blunt.

Anyways, I really did think that was a tear, yes a small tear but a tear nonetheless.

If I consider that to be a tear, add the soiling of back cover ( it is dirty for a 9.2 ) + several spine creases ( I count at least 5 ) I grade the book 8.5. I am not that far off the grade it was given. Take away the tear I give it a 9.0...pretty close IMHO.

Anyways, Thanks for the contest, I find it very enlightening.

Artboy99

He's just mad because Beyonder has hacked his way to the top spot blush.gif
kennynolan.jpgpoke2.gif

I forget...

Does the tin foil hat protect you from pressing or shaken slab damage? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

He's just mad because Beyonder has hacked his way to the top spot blush.gif
kennynolan.jpgpoke2.gif

I forget...

Does the tin foil hat protect you from pressing or shaken slab damage? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No, but it protects you from Greggy, And Beyonder.

(Greggy, due to the myths I hear, Beyonder, because his grading telent is beyond normal)

DeeDee, DeeDee! I have been trying that...oh LORDy I'za been try'n that

(after using my OSGG grading fell through) but CGC is not always consistent.

I try to squint and try to picture the label... I ask myself: "what kind of label could this get away with?" insane.gif

On a differant note; how are the Vegas golf course looking? We played

the Paiute Wolf, and Desert Pines, beautiful courses.

Its the perfect time for golf right now, a little windy but the temperature is perfect cloud9.gif

I so wanna join the Tuscany Club... maybe next year 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Tuscany's layout looks good. I'm really getting itchy. Golf Galaxy had

a driving contest a few weeks ago and I see someone from Las Vegas won it.

The yardage was a bit insane ( I believe 498 yards? ) I won the driving

contest at my Golf Galaxy and won a spiffy Taylor Made hat acclaim.gifinsane.gif

I don't mean to slam the books, or the effort of putting on this contest Nik.

Please accept my apologies for being blunt.

Anyways, I really did think that was a tear, yes a small tear but a tear nonetheless.

If I consider that to be a tear, add the soiling of back cover ( it is dirty for a 9.2 ) + several spine creases ( I count at least 5 ) I grade the book 8.5. I am not that far off the grade it was given. Take away the tear I give it a 9.0...pretty close IMHO.

Anyways, Thanks for the contest, I find it very enlightening.

Artboy99

I don't think anyone is slamming the books or Nik's efforts in this contest! God knows he has to put up with all of the stupid questions from people like me. makepoint.gif I thank him for answering all of them. He goes above and beyond! Again, we are just grading a scan of front and back covers. Just like TV adds pounds to people, I think scans tend to over exagerate flaws or perceived flaws like the back cover looking dirty, tears, etc. I've scanned books before and I look at the scan and can't believe it is the same book. crazy.gif

Sorry Virginia, there isn't a Santa Claus and there isn't a Nik bump, but it is nice to think they both exist. flowerred.gif

Sorry Virginia, there isn't a Santa Claus and there isn't a Nik bump, but it is nice to think they both exist. flowerred.gif

893whatthe.gif

sorry.gif

Hey, don't worry about it....he was just kidding. I know for a fact .... there is a Santa Claus. I seen pictures of him. mad.gif

God knows he has to put up with all of the stupid questions from people like me. makepoint.gif I thank him for answering all of them. crazy.gif

flowerred.gif

foreheadslap.gif

You can ask questions?

Ok, we gotta' start over. crazy.gif

Whose with me? mad.gif

You host the scans, you can answer all the PMs and I will more then happy to run it for you poke2.gif

DeeDee, DeeDee! I have been trying that...oh LORDy I'za been try'n that

(after using my OSGG grading fell through) but CGC is not always consistent.

I try to squint and try to picture the label... I ask myself: "what kind of label could this get away with?" insane.gif

On a differant note; how are the Vegas golf course looking? We played

the Paiute Wolf, and Desert Pines, beautiful courses.

Its the perfect time for golf right now, a little windy but the temperature is perfect cloud9.gif

I so wanna join the Tuscany Club... maybe next year 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Tuscany's layout looks good. I'm really getting itchy. Golf Galaxy had

a driving contest a few weeks ago and I see someone from Las Vegas won it.

The yardage was a bit insane ( I believe 498 yards? ) I won the driving

contest at my Golf Galaxy and won a spiffy Taylor Made hat acclaim.gifinsane.gif

Cool 893applaud-thumb.gif

I'm still learning. My driving sucks, I have pretty good aim but only about 130 yards I think. I need to work out more and increase my upper body strength so my weak azz doesn't get embarrassed at the driving range insane.gif

God knows he has to put up with all of the stupid questions from people like me. makepoint.gif I thank him for answering all of them. crazy.gif

flowerred.gif

foreheadslap.gif

You can ask questions?

Ok, we gotta' start over. crazy.gif

Whose with me? mad.gif

You host the scans, you can answer all the PMs and I will more then happy to run it for you poke2.gif

Ok...so if I'm going to host the scans and answer all the PMs....what are you going to do? confused.gif

893whatthe.gif

sorry.gif

Hey, don't worry about it....he was just kidding. I know for a fact .... there is a Santa Claus. I seen pictures of him. mad.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

New shipment coming tomorrow from Florida, so round 20 and up will be interesting if it lasts that long popcorn.gif

Does the contest end when the first person hits 50? Or for the awarding of prizes to the top 5 players, do you continue with more rounds to see who the next 4 players are who hit 50?

New shipment coming tomorrow from Florida, so round 20 and up will be interesting if it lasts that long popcorn.gif

Does the contest end when the first person hits 50? Or for the awarding of prizes to the top 5 players, do you continue with more rounds to see who the next 4 players are who hit 50?

Now that's an idea! thumbsup2.gif

Now that's an idea! thumbsup2.gif

screwy.gifinsane.gif27_laughing.gif Don't you guys have anything better to do? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifgrin.gif