• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The reason I stopped posting over at the PCGS board

28 posts in this topic

......arch, i think it is fair to say that you just have to take a look at the please rip meth thread...........over the last few days it has been by far the most active thread and for me that is not a positive thing............

........i have found my time on these boards to be thoroughly rewarding so far, but recently the posts have degenerated into a lot of petty name calling and 'i am' talk.............there have certainly also been several new users who have signed up purely to antagonise other posters.............. frown.gif

Meth appears to get off on the antagonism...if he wasn't responding to the , it would've fizzled out a while ago.

I'd say that Architect should leave it. It's easy enough to just not click on that thread if you'd rather not read it. I'm kinda glad FlyingDonut centralized it into once place, although it's sure true that there's nothing of any value in there right now to anybody but the participants' egos. Let 'em wrestle it out, they'll get sick of it eventually.

It sounds like the main difference between the thread Fuccione describes and the railing against Methuselah is that the two participants in the PGCS forum were the only ones affected by a bum EBay deal; that possibly should never have been spilled into that forum in the first place. If Methuselah is up to the same stuff he was up to in the 1980s/1990s, then he's affecting hundreds of people for a lot of money. That's a subject that EVERY vintage comics collector needs to be aware of, and his possible innocence is just as important a possibility as his guilt.

I just wish he'd help us believe his innocence instead of ego-railing on the attackers.

I'll try and watch for that Arch, thanks for the tip! smile.gif I think you do a great job on the boards here.

I guess I'm fed up with the constant name calling, racial slurs and crude sexual preferences being thrown around without a care. Joanna made a request of Meth to stop it, but to no avail (Kudos to her for speaking up - I wish I had). Now the 'Water Cooler' forum has gone off the deep end as well.

I realize we live in a world of many different creeds, opinons and feelings and I would be the last one to try and prevent people from offering those opinons. It saddens me that direct personal attacks have to be used and I'd just rather avoid them altogether if I can. The world (and life) has enough problems as it is.

I like to read the forums to relax and discuss a fun hobby I enjoy with like minded collectors from around the world. I'm currently unable to enjoy the boards with all the obnoxious negativity being posted.

I didn't intend the above comment to sound snobbish and I certainly don't believe myself to be better than anyone on here - maybe I'm just a little tired today.

"I like to read the forums to relax and discuss a fun hobby I enjoy with like minded collectors from around the world. I'm currently unable to enjoy the boards with all the obnoxious negativity being posted."

.......well said scottish, you summed up my feelings on this also........... frown.gif