• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is why I love CGC!

28 posts in this topic

Here's a hypothetical. What if , during the signing, Stan sneezed all over it? It would still be witnessed, so it could be verified.

Could it be slabbed and put on the label "Qualified" "Stan Lee sneezed" I think it might just be worth it.

AND would start a new fad i bet. CGC Splattered on series.

Ghost Rider #1 cgc 9.0 "qualified" "vomited on by nic cage after a night of heavy drinking"

Daredevil Father #2 CGC 9.9 "qualified" "Farted on by Joe Quesada"

i LIKE CGC now. THAT would be why i would upgrade to love.

Anyway, sorry for the above. That is one awesome book, and a True Treasure. smile.gif

You bet I was nervous. I was holding the book inside of a mylar sleeve as instructed by the CGC dudes. The mylar had a window for Stan to sign it. I waited on the line holding the book in the palms of my hand, (no thumbs!). I made sure to stick my elbows out and hit anyone who came too close to me.

I've attached a picture for your viewing pleasure. yay.gif

85f2836c3e.jpg

-Issa

Very, very, very cool!

893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks for the picture.

How does the process work? Do you bring the book to the CGC booth, where they crack it and place it in that handling frame? Then does someone from CGC stand with you in line for the autograph so they "officially witness" the signature? Does CGC charge a fee as well?

You bet I was nervous. I was holding the book inside of a mylar sleeve as instructed by the CGC dudes. The mylar had a window for Stan to sign it. I waited on the line holding the book in the palms of my hand, (no thumbs!). I made sure to stick my elbows out and hit anyone who came too close to me.

I've attached a picture for your viewing pleasure. yay.gif

85f2836c3e.jpg

-Issa

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Basically, Kevin cracked the CGC case open. He carefully placed the book in bag/board. The bag had a window for Stan Lee to sign. Because the cover is now exposed by this window, Kevin put it in a second bag until it was time for Stan to sign it. I held the book in my palms until it was time for Stan to sign it. I pulled it out of the bag slowly so Stan could sign in the open window area. Brad was the official CGC witness for Stan's signings. He just stood there, patiently waiting for everyone's signatures. smile.gif (Thanks again!)

FYI: Stan was really cool about it. "I'm glad my name isn't Stan Lee Engelbert Humperdink Oswald...." He really gave it some thought and said "I think the best place to sign is ..."

-Issa