• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - 10 days and no smoking!!!! I've lost that craving feeling

51 posts in this topic

I was hypnotized on Feb.23rd and actually felt like I was never a smoker... no cravings ...no withdrawal symptoms... nothing. Finally... something that works and I feel amazing!!! Healthy both physically and financially. I don't sleep as much but I'm saving $12.00 a day now. If I can do it after smoking 19 years....anyone can. thumbsup2.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

I don't sleep as much but I'm saving $12.00 a day now.

$4,380 a year. Thasalotta moolah! 893whatthe.gif

That's $4,380 CDN... convert that to USD and it's about $350.00 USD poke2.gif

actually that's $4,380 after tax...so it takes about $5,000 in actual salary from working per year

My addiction is Dr Pepper. frown.gif

Yeah, I know waht you mean. I used to drink 2 cans of Pepsi every day and was addicted to the stuff. Once I quit and started drinking water instead during my meals (about a year ago), I don't even have a craving for it anymore.

my father recently quit after 40+ years. if he can do it, then anyone can. i'm happy for you D&S, you're doing the best thing for your kids and yourself by quitting.

i know finecomics quit a couple of weeks ago as well. must be a revolution or something

Here's another reason why you shouldn't smoke:

Man who survived Deerfield dog-pack attack thought he was going to die

By Macollvie Jean-Francois

sun-sentinel.com

March 5, 2007, 2:00 PM EST

DEERFIELD BEACH – Robert Wall didn't think he was going to die early Friday morning, he was sure of it.

On Monday, after receiving more than 2,000 stitches during weekend surgery, Wall, 28, recalled being attacked by a pack of dogs as he walked home from a gas station after buying cigarettes.

The dogs -- mostly pit bulls -- came out of the dark on Southeast 13th Street. Within seconds, two dogs had latched onto his arms, two more were ripping at his back and a fifth was biting at his legs.

Wall struggled to make it back to a well-lit street, punching at the animals as he retreated.

"It felt like it went on forever," the 5-foot-7, 160-pound man said Monday after undergoing weekend surgery at North Broward Medical Center. "I just gave back and hit the ground. I started yelling to God (to) 'Please help me.' "

The attack lasted about four minutes, but, "It felt like forever. I've never been in such a dark place in my life," Wall said.

Doctors said the dogs bit Wall from head to toe 182 times.

And his plastic surgeon Dr. Bose Yalamanchi, said Wall received more than 2,000 stitches during a four-to-five hour surgery that included reattaching his left ear.

Yalamanchi said he was surprised Wall survived the vicious attack.

Earlier the night of the Wall attack, the dogs had killed a rabbit and a guinea pig, both pets kept caged on the front porch of a home on the 100 block of Southeast 11th Court.

About 1:40 a.m. Friday, patrons at a nearby Denny's restaurant heard Wall's screams and saw a pack of dogs biting and chewing him from head to toe.

Arriving deputies shocked one pit bull with a Taser, causing the animals to scatter. Wall was rushed to the hospital in critical condition.

"I would've been dead," Wall said. "I just want to thank the officers."

About 20 minutes after that attack, deputies caught up with the dogs at a condo in the 1100 block of Southeast Sixth Avenue, where they shot and killed one and may have wounded another.

Copyright © 2007, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

As of today that's $4380.00Can =$3709.21 USD.

I should quit.

But my smokes only cost 7.65 a pack.

what the hell Lawrence... you out in Norway House or Leaf Rapids

No the interlake Lake Manitoba area. I don't pay tax for items purchased on reserve.