• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YOUR FAVORITE COMIC COVERS

177 posts in this topic

I'm more of a GA fan so I'll post 4 - 2 Super-Hero and 2 Non Super-Hero -

cloud9.gif

Thrilling63.jpg

FamousFunnies214.jpg

and obviously I like my Super-Hero patriotic -

SUP014.jpg

and I'm still looking for a good scan of Master 40 ...

I have so many favorite SA covers that I can fill a couple of short boxes with, but for some reason, by far my most favorite SA cover

cap110boston.jpg

Of course Marvel always loved to feature big confrontations between their main characters on covers, but it's interesting how often they were on issue #4 of a Silver-Bronze Age title. Avengers meet Capt A, Silver Surfer vs Thor, this Capt Marvel. Are there other examples? Was this an intentional marketing ploy, good timing to hook a reader of another title?

Jack

CaptainMarvel4.jpg

Has anyone posted links to the Favorite Cover contests?

Favorite Silver Age Covers

Top winners

Can someone find the Golden Age contest? Too many pages of subjects to paw through!

Jack

I'm only 23 years old, so I'm biased towards covers that have modern-day, popular characters. I really like the Hulk#100 Michael Turner variant and an old cover of Ghost Rider vs. Hulk from the 70's. What do you guys like?

1.) Please post your favorite comic cover if you can find it.

2.) Is it part of your collection or just wishful thinking? CGC? non-CGC?

3.) Why do you like the cover so much?

(If this is the wrong forum, I apologize!)

-Issa