• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,441 posts in this topic

I won't be bidding on much of anything in the Heritage auction today but had a number of nice wins on CLink. I got the two I wanted most. I'll probably be giving up my Startling 49 9.0 since I don't need two of those.

RAD49E8520091014_17388.jpg

startling went for good money...

If you can wrap your head around the fact that Startling 49 is a $7500 book in 9.2, then yeah -- $11K is a "good" price, all things being relative. I have always been a huge fan of this book , and I am still surprised how much it sells for relative to other issues around it, and from the same time frame.

Great book Cheetah...lots of us would be happy with "just a 9.0". It takes a real cat to upgrade to 9.4 (thumbs u

I won't be bidding on much of anything in the Heritage auction today but had a number of nice wins on CLink. I got the two I wanted most. I'll probably be giving up my Startling 49 9.0 since I don't need two of those.

RAD0A58C20091014_161643.jpg

RAD49E8520091014_17388.jpg

Wow! Congratulations on getting these two beautiful books. (thumbs u

very, very, very excited about my lone h'tage win.

fantastic4.jpg

Holy freaking mackerel!!! What a book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cloud9:(worship)

thanks pons; sorry it won't be in for a viewing on bayou manchac.

Here's an unusual one for me -- Green Lama 7, 1946, Raboy cover. Sorry about the glare at the top of the (seller's) scan.

A Pretty Good eXample of a book graded VF+ 8.5, apparently part of a warehouse find. Nice copy! Weird eyes -- Green Lama looks like he's supposed to be blind on this cover. Merry Christmas!

greenlama7fcx.jpg

Jack

Cool book!! :applause:Has Mac Raboy ever done a bad cover or art inside? I don't think so...

What a golden age great he was. I read he was very slow drawing , but what a outstanding artist . CC Beck , I think, once said he was more a illustrator then a comic book artist. But that was his opinion, :whatev:

Here's an unusual one for me -- Green Lama 7, 1946, Raboy cover. Sorry about the glare at the top of the (seller's) scan.

A Pretty Good eXample of a book graded VF+ 8.5, apparently part of a warehouse find. Nice copy! Weird eyes -- Green Lama looks like he's supposed to be blind on this cover. Merry Christmas!

greenlama7fcx.jpg

Jack

There are some oddities about that book (gummy smile for instance), but a cool book and a sweet grade nonetheless :applause:

Edited by ciorac

greenlama7fcx.jpg

Jack

There are som oddities about that book (gummy smile for instance), but a cool book and a sweet grade nonetheless :applause:

Thanks, almost-birthday boy!

You're right -- the smile is almost as odd as the eyes.

I'll have to scan it myself to try to match the colors better.

Jack