• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,451 posts in this topic

i love this cover, and was looking at jive's high-grade copy up for sale in the market. then i saw this one ending in a couple mins on ebay, and realized you'e not really a comic collector if you don't have a batman and superman book in your collection--i have a batman, my sherwood copy, but no supe-----'til now.

supe23.jpg

Umm....you do realize that's a DC right?

i love this cover, and was looking at jive's high-grade copy up for sale in the market. then i saw this one ending in a couple mins on ebay, and realized you'e not really a comic collector if you don't have a batman and superman book in your collection--i have a batman, my sherwood copy, but no supe-----'til now.

supe23.jpg

Umm....you do realize that's a DC right?

:roflmao:

Recently acquired from a tall Texan,with an assist from my favorite Cajun.Thanks a ton fellas! Nothing quite like a raw Church book... :cloud9:

yankee4.jpg

That's quite a comic book you've got there Russell J :applause:

Thanks pal.I like it so much that I feel compelled to search for the first 3 issues. :juggle:

Look no further - for it is I, the Masked Yankee Comics collector!

YankeeComics240.jpg

YankeeComics350-1.jpg

Well, I've been working on my Tip Top Tarzan cover run for years now, upgrading when I had the chance, and slowly working my way up the registry (mostly dominated by Peanuts collectors with their high grade 50's issues).

Finally, after getting this white pager back from CGC I've taken over the top spot! (sorry dover :shy: ). It may not last, but I'll enjoy it while I can.

TipTop036cgc80fcsm.jpg

Thanks guys. I also bagged one of my true white whales. This is an incredibly rare 1953 Conan comic from Mexico. How cool is that? A GA Conan comic 17 years before Marvel did it. And yeah, Conan is blonde.

58cuentosdeabuelito1953sm.jpg

58cuentosdeabuelito1953intsm.jpg

While I was at it, I resubbed my Funnies 37 and this time it got the grade it deserved. (I think the previous graders who called it a 6.5 hammered it unfairly because of the file copy stamp).

Funnies37FileCGC80fc.jpg

Beauty! Well done, Jeff - it's such a wonderful collection, and richly deserved.