• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
47 47

48,562 posts in this topic

I usually keep my posts in the LB Cole thread, but completing a 12-issue run from the 1940's deserves a cigar I think:

20121128_183606.jpg

And while I'm at it, tracking these 2 down took forever so I'll throw this in here as well.

20121128_183248.jpg

I had a chance last year to thumb through most of that run - the interiors are very cool. Congrats.

Just finished paying this beauty off today....very excited!! Thanks Gator... I'll have to post another picture when it's finally in hand... :whee:

great3cgc5_0.jpg

:applause:

Very pleased to wrangle this one into the collection. While not as tough as the #1 I landed a couple months ago, it certainly isn't easy to find.

Western Picture Stories #3 - April 1937

That's new to me for sure. Very cool, Bill... :headbang:

Very pleased to wrangle this one into the collection. While not as tough as the #1 I landed a couple months ago, it certainly isn't easy to find.

westernpicturestories3_zps4eefd059.jpg

:applause: Great book. I've wanted #1-3 for a while now.

Early Centaurs :cloud9:

The covers to #2 and #4 aren't nearly as nice as #1 and #3, but since there are only four of them in the run I hope to track them down one day. These two have taken years to find though

The covers to #2 and #4 aren't nearly as nice as #1 and #3, but since there are only four of them in the run I hope to track them down one day. These two have taken years to find though

I agree that #2 isn't on the same level as #1 and #3 but #4 is in a whole different universe.

I agree that #2 isn't on the same level as #1 and #3 but #4 is in a whole different universe.

Quite true

I have been searching for the first Supermouse and finally found it. But I had to buy those other two books along with it. Oh well. I'll store them with the other old stuff.

8250400181_2550bcbc26_b.jpg

1927144454_fc9f8730f2_z.jpg

I actually picked up the Western during a trip to San Francisco several years ago. I purchased the Supersnipe at the comic shop and the Westen at a nearby antique shop. I drove off with my loot and ended up on one of those funny winding downhill streets that Frisco is so famous for.

I have been searching for the first Supermouse and finally found it. But I had to buy those other two books along with it. Oh well. I'll store them with the other old stuff.

Looks like you did just fine to me BB :applause:

Looks like you did just fine to me BB :applause:

it's unfortunate that you "had" to buy those 2 just to get your Supermouse.... Nice books BB.