• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
47 47

48,562 posts in this topic

4014108133_361ee3c415_b.jpg

I kept looking though Schomburg's paintings to see if I could find this Radio Craft cover.

Kind of like Where's Waldo but didn't find an exact match.

Similar guys on the left though.

8828653090_ecda8d4a7b_c.jpg

That man not have been by OUR Schomburg. His brother was also an illustrator and did a lot of magazine covers at around that time. I've had a couple flying magazines with covers by the OTHER Schomburg.

That man not have been by OUR Schomburg. His brother was also an illustrator and did a lot of magazine covers at around that time. I've had a couple flying magazines with covers by the OTHER Schomburg.

Sure, August did work but from what BB uploaded, both are signed Alex. Why the doubt as to which brother is the artist? ???

WUPS!

My bad, all I caught was the Schomburg, didn't catch the chopped off Alex on the last image

I've found over the years that a lot of folks aren't familiar with August, so I thought I'd toss it in.

WUPS!

My bad, all I caught was the Schomburg, didn't catch the chopped off Alex on the last image

I've found over the years that a lot of folks aren't familiar with August, so I thought I'd toss it in.

8872441557_97813e3a82_c.jpg

August did similar work for books and magazines. Alex was better with human characters and August drew detailed planes for mags like Flying Aces.

I changed the photo in this one to show a couple of his Flying Aces covers. He drew this cover concerning spread of poisonous gas. I don't think that was used in Europe during WWII but was used in China.

He also illustrated this cover which relates to an article dated 1938 about the Japanese invasion of Hawaii.

2872161459_3fe640bb8a_o.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

had a ball with my geeks this wkend at the houston show. picked up a few.

a little raw chuch book from our own weird paper's booth.

targetmh.jpg

had a ball with my geeks

I get that a lot.

I cant think of a witty reply

or an apostrophe.

What a tool.