• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,443 posts in this topic

A nice yellow cover late 40's DC pickup from Heritage two weeks back. Since it wasn't slabbed I can actually read it. The stories inside are quite good and this issue actually features a letter column. The earliest I have seen in a comic.

:luhv:

I really like the quality of the late forties DC books, the writing and artwork had really taken a leap beyond the competitors and you can start to see the beginnings of the development of the Silver Age look while still sensing the energy of the Golden Age. A great period for the company.

A nice yellow cover late 40's DC pickup from Heritage two weeks back. Since it wasn't slabbed I can actually read it. The stories inside are quite good and this issue actually features a letter column. The earliest I have seen in a comic.

Nice book...REAL FACT seemed to have quite a few yellow covers.

mm

mm

:headbang:

8520262334_6e58f2e000_b.jpg

mm

I guess that's a REAL FACT!

mm

I guess that's a REAL FACT!

Here's a few more!

8927486004_852322ff94.jpg

8926883501_f19d013a57.jpg

8927507402_4218f59158.jpg

mm

I had a great time at the Philly show this weekend, hanging out with my friends, and getting a few good books. I got this one from Dave Reynolds. It's far from high grade, but I've wanted a copy for awhile, and this one was in the right price range.

002jih.jpg