• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,422 posts in this topic

I'm severely outclassed here...but I found these on my coffee table today:

2mg1mkw.jpg

Five of them I got for less than $10 each...it stinks to be old...

Superman 19 ..... isn't that the one that "collector's are paying up to $ 30 for?".... always reminds me of the guy who went around buying up EVERY copy of Superman 183 and tried to sell THAT issue for 30 bucks. A nice batch there for sure. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. NO...... I would not like to be young again.... I would certainly foul up worse than I did the first time....

thanks guys; i just don't think you can really call yourself a golden age collector without a high-grade copy of a tubby cover in the box.

But hey, yours is a centennial issue of a major title in 9.4 with OW/W pages, so I'd say you picked a ^^

2mg1mkw.jpg

Not much can outclass a table full of golden age Superman comics, and yours look lovely :applause:

Yeah, I found out when I bought that issue of Superman 19 (at Collectors Bookshop in Hollywood) in 1967 that it contained TWO of the stories reprinted in that giant #183. Later that day I found the first Mxyztplk story in Supe #30 at Cherokee.

However, the only way I would want to go back to those days is if I knew what I know now, otherwise it would just be a repeat of the same events... hm

Edited by tricolorbrian

2mg1mkw.jpg

Those look like near mint copies. Do you think they will grade that high? Nice.

2mg1mkw.jpg

Not much can outclass a table full of golden age Superman comics, and yours look lovely :applause:

What he said.

Thanks guys. The 24 and 32 are the best in the 2nd group. I'm afraid to submit anything, lest it come back too low or (shudder) a PLOD... :roflmao: I already know the #30 is restored because I had it restored. That book went from a good to a VF...

Edited by tricolorbrian

2mg1mkw.jpg

Those look like near mint copies. Do you think they will grade that high? Nice.

Love the Superman 16 cover. Nice looking copy.

Ken

Couldn't get my scanner going tonight but I was needin to scan some books, might have posted a couple in the past but here goes anyway

First time owning this book, the cover is just amazing! So much better in hand than any picture can do justice.

176_zpsca2ce25e.jpg