• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
46 46

48,448 posts in this topic

Got these 2 from the last C-link auction.I've wanted a copy of the Thrilling for quite a while.

thrilling38_zps7afdca31.jpg

:applause: Scarce I reckon

hm Actually I think this is my old copy, but it was raw when I had it.

Yes sir,haven't seen many of this issue. Funny how the books get around sometimes.You of course have my old Terrific 5 and I believe you own this one as well.It used to be mine once upon a time. :cry:

fourfavorites5_zpse8bf6efa.jpg

:o If you have any more like that I'll be your huckleberry! :gossip: Dont tell Jimmy.

This is supposedly a Van Buren book; bought on EBay many years ago but it came with some amateurish color touch. I liked the book overall so I kept it. I had Matt remove the color touch last year and submit for certification. The color touch is gone but the heavy hand of erasure remains. The back cover has what I thought was a printing defect (but I don't know) with the top of the back cover missing some of its edge.

Anyway, I thought they really slammed this book as it is beautiful to hold and read. Also, no Van Buren notation which Matt had written on his submission form.

Comments? I really don't know what to think about this one.

136247.jpg.c4f39ba9048c7f795ba5f89725447c86.jpg

136248.jpg.00772fb11551510fd653b37cbef05460.jpg

This is supposedly a Van Buren book; bought on EBay many years ago but it came with some amateurish color touch. I liked the book overall so I kept it. I had Matt remove the color touch last year and submit for certification. The color touch is gone but the heavy hand of erasure remains. The back cover has what I thought was a printing defect (but I don't know) with the top of the back cover missing some of its edge.

Anyway, I thought they really slammed this book as it is beautiful to hold and read. Also, no Van Buren notation which Matt had written on his submission form.

Comments? I really don't know what to think about this one.

I purchased the Van Buren Marvel Mystery #11 from Mark Haspel in the pre-CGC days, perhaps 1999. I don't think they consider the Van Buren books to be a pedigree.

I think you did pretty well on that Thrilling, Russ. I got a nosebleed and a migraine on the upgrade. Also hives. And poison ivy.

ThrillingComics3870.jpg

Thanks Michael.I think I got a great price too.That's an amazing copy you've got by the way. :headbang:

You know you could avoid all of those ailments by changing direction and downgrading.Start by sending the Terrific 5 back and I'm certain you'll feel better in no time.

I think you did pretty well on that Thrilling, Russ. I got a nosebleed and a migraine on the upgrade. Also hives. And poison ivy.

ThrillingComics3870.jpg

Thanks Michael.I think I got a great price too.That's an amazing copy you've got by the way. :headbang:

You know you could avoid all of those ailments by changing direction and downgrading.Start by sending the Terrific 5 back and I'm certain you'll feel better in no time.

:roflmao:

Hmmm - I tell you what, I'll sell the T5 back to GAtor, and you can trade him that back for the Batman #1 he sold you.

Then I'll sell the Four Favorites back to Harley and you can buy it back from him and sell it to Jimmy.

Then you sell your new Thrilling #38 back to C'link and they can flip it back to Mark Austin who bought it from me off Ebay and he sells that back to me. And then I sell my upgrade back to C'link and you and Jimmy can fight over it.

Then I could ask all the people who bought the Catmans from me that I got from GAtor so I could sell them back to him. Then you could buy the Catman #15 from GAtor, only he'd make you buy the whole set on account of how many people want it.Then you could sell all the issues you don't need back to the people I bought them back from.

And then I could buy back all the Jumbos, Jungles and Fights I sold to cheetah and Mr Bedrock, and I'd be back where I started before I joined the Boards!

It's all so simple really.