• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS - Ultra HG OO Collection - The USAF Mildenhall Collection!!!

1,173 posts in this topic

Just got it out of the bag again, just in case I'd missed it, but...nothing? confused-smiley-013.gif

Does it look as if he pulled it out of the centerfold?

Jim

No. The top tines of the staples are bent over, pointing down into the centrefold, so there can't have been any stress exerted. No sign of any debris, either. confused.gif

Sounds like an exceptionally rare "Overseas US Military Edition with no Mark Jeweler's Insert" variant. tongue.gif

God knows... confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey, Jim, is there any way it could have been distributed without the insert? Have you seen that before?

Just got it out of the bag again, just in case I'd missed it, but...nothing? confused-smiley-013.gif

Jim

No. The top tines of the staples are bent over, pointing down into the centrefold, so there can't have been any stress exerted. No sign of any debris, either. confused.gif

Sounds like an exceptionally rare "Overseas US Military Edition with no Mark Jeweler's Insert" variant. tongue.gif

Hey, Jim, is there any way it could have been distributed without the insert? Have you seen that before?

Can't say for sure unless I actually bought the comic off the military newsracks...and I'm not that old... tongue.gif

I do have a couple comics with star stamps and no insert. On one it's clear the insert was pulled out...the other isn't but I have a dup of the issue with the insert. I've always considered the comic as possibly bought at on a US base and was "stamped" there. It makes no sense for part of a title's overseas print run to have the insert and others not since they all went through the same distribution system. It's like that Kull with the Mennen wrap you sold a couple weeks back...I have a copy with both inserts so somehow the MJ insert was lost on that comic in my opinion as you won't find one without the other...same with the AS wrap...

I will say that I don't have an FF #125 with NDS insert. Maybe the the whole print run didn't have it? confused-smiley-013.gif But I have loads of other Marvels coverdated August 1972 that do have the NDS insert (ad code D A M)...

Jim

Jim

Can't say for sure unless I actually bought the comic off the military newsracks...and I'm not that old... tongue.gif

I do have a couple comics with star stamps and no insert. On one it's clear the insert was pulled out...the other isn't but I have a dup of the issue with the insert. I've always considered the comic as possibly bought at on a US base and was "stamped" there. It makes no sense for part of a title's overseas print run to have the insert and others not since they all went through the same distribution system. It's like that Kull with the Mennen wrap you sold a couple weeks back...I have a copy with both inserts so somehow the MJ insert was lost on that comic in my opinion as you won't find one without the other...same with the AS wrap...

I will say that I don't have an FF #125 with NDS insert. Maybe the the whole print run didn't have it? confused-smiley-013.gif But I have loads of other Marvels coverdated August 1972 that do have the NDS insert (ad code D A M)...

Jim

Thanks, mate. thumbsup2.gif

Thanks to everyone who used the takeit.gif last night. Still a few books unsold and they are...

DC Special Presents #16 VF $15.00

Avengers #102 VF+ $24.00 National Diamond Sales Insert

Avengers #105 VF+ $24.00 Mark Jewelers

Avengers #107 VF+ $26.00 National Diamond Sales Insert

Avengers #108 VF+ $24.00 National Diamond Sales Insert

Avengers #112 VF+ $30.00 Mark Jewelers

Avengers #178 VF+ $4.00

Avengers #184 NM- $12.00

Captain America #134 VF $15.00

Captain America #218 VF+ $3.00

Captain America #219 VF+ $3.00

Captain America #220 NM- $6.00

Fantastic Four #125 VF/NM $25.00

Fantastic Four #129 VF+ $20.00

And more coming tonight! thumbsup2.gif

Superman Family #165 VF/NM $30.00

World's Finest #227 VF+ $35.00

takeit.gif

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

thumbsup2.gif

They're yours...and thanks. 893applaud-thumb.gif

893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

\When you coming over to the Colonies confused-smiley-013.gif

June 9th through June 23rd...Philly, NYC, Maine...we'll be at Wonder World. Any chance you can make it? confused-smiley-013.gif

I doubt it. Not with me going to Heroe's and Chicago.

Plans to visit Winston-Salem yet?

takeit.gif

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

thumbsup2.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

June 9th through June 23rd...Philly, NYC, Maine...we'll be at Wizard World. Any chance you can make it? confused-smiley-013.gif

I doubt it. Not with me going to Heroe's and Chicago.

Plans to visit Winston-Salem yet?

Not yet...she's there from September, so it'll be after that.

Mind you, on her current performance, she'll be lucky to live that long... crazy.gif

takeit.gif

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

thumbsup2.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

June 9th through June 23rd...Philly, NYC, Maine...we'll be at Wonder World. Any chance you can make it? confused-smiley-013.gif

devil.gif