• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slight dilemma

6 posts in this topic

Need some help here with a recent purchase I got. I bought what was described as a Batman 244 raw NM- from a dealer for $70. It arrived today and upon inspection there are two 3" large non-color breaking creases on the front cover. So obviously it's nowhere near a NM-. Here's the tricky part. I open the book to the first page and I see what looks like a Neal Adams signature. Here's a pic since I don't own a scanner:

DSCN0823.jpg

What would you do in this scenario? Return the book or keep it? Thanks!

Sounds like the dealer may have sent the wrong copy !!

No, it's the same book as far as I can tell from the scans I initially got. The weird part is that I also asked and got a back scan so I'm surprised they didn't catch the ncbs on the fc. Looks like they just graded the book when it was in the mylar!

No, it's the same book as far as I can tell from the scans I initially got. The weird part is that I also asked and got a back scan so I'm surprised they didn't catch the ncbs on the fc. Looks like they just graded the book when it was in the mylar!

foreheadslap.gif sweet..sweet overgrading... shocking.. yeahok.gif

foreheadslap.gif sweet..sweet overgrading... shocking.. yeahok.gif

Yeah pretty surprising as I've only heard good things about them. frown.gif