• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neatstuff has graded precisely once again! RAZOR SHARP grading!

21 posts in this topic

I have dealt with them once. Will never deal with them again. High bidder on 3 pre-code horrors. They send me an "automated" form letter saying payment wqs recieved and books shipped. A couple of weeks later nothing so sent an email. Was told the previous email was "automated" and books were shipping now. Repeat a week later. Finally got the books - ONE book - the other two were "damaged ion the warehouse". Got a check but was REALLY pissed off because I collect one copy of each precode title. Had I known this earlier there were acouple of precodes I could have bought using that money.

Finally - when I saw the pic in OS grading guide (didn't realize who it was - well - tried to do biz when I lived in Boston at the fine Dave Cummings shows). Botom line? They are on my blocked everything list. Managed to leave one neutral but not 2nd because time went by. Yes, they DID send me a refund, but they strung me along for weeks.

I think some dealers just never grade below VG on anything. I had one successful ebay win with NeatStuff...but Im not surprised to hear stories like yours POV.

Why you replying to Shield and saying POV? Huh? "You wanna piece o fme too? Its GO time!" ::GAWD that felt good!) grin.gif

killing 2 posts with one reply... why you reading someone elses replies???

I ALWAYS read ALL replies - otherwise I would live in an extremely POVerized world. Yet one must consider the post addressed to one yet referencing another. It is a puzzling thing, neh?

I bought a restored THING 14 from them at Wondercon once. They gave me a good deal on it, and the book (being restored) looks great! cloud9.gif They even threw in a VF early Sgt Fury just for the heck of it. I am sad to hear they haven't treated everybody so well. frown.gif They never have any books I want at their booths anymore, and that was years ago, so maybe they have changed, I dunno.... 893blahblah.gif

I bought a restored THING 14 from them at Wondercon once. They gave me a good deal on it, and the book (being restored) looks great! cloud9.gif They even threw in a VF early Sgt Fury just for the heck of it. I am sad to hear they haven't treated everybody so well. frown.gif They never have any books I want at their booths anymore, and that was years ago, so maybe they have changed, I dunno.... 893blahblah.gif

This is one of the frustrating things about collecting. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. I've got myself down to several dealers I know pretty well, know their personalities and their proclivities. And they've been most consistent. Fortunately, I have reached the point I can call some of them before the next Wondercon and say "Hey! Bring pre-code horror to the con!" and they will!

sad thing, POV, is thta you STILL have to be careful even after years of training your dealers. They'll still leave a stain in your collection if you turn the other way!

Is true, but sometimes not their fault - they just didn't know any better, the poor dears. Seriously, is one reason I studied/practiced restoration for so many years. Feel much better equipped now! Well, for COMICS, anyway!

POV - You would think that the dealers would see screwing over a likely repeat buyer such as yourself as idiotic and self-defeating, but there are bad apples in every bunch and stupidity knows no boundries. I noticed this at San Diego, where I would go to booths where there was no else, and while they would keep an eye on me (the preventing shoplifting one! mad.gif) they would avoid eye contact and would brush off my most basic questions! There were other booths packed with people who would still make an effort to talk to me and help me with any questions I might have (and even recommend other booths if they did not have what I was looking for!). You can guess which booths got my business.

There were other booths packed with people who would still make an effort to talk to me and help me with any questions I might have (and even recommend other booths if they did not have what I was looking for!). You can guess which booths got my business.

You are 100% there. I still make dealer/friends to this day. Never dealt with Redbeard before this last Wondercon. Now I'd HEARD of him from about 20 years of Overstreet ads but never met him and had no idea who he was. Hit his booth and asked to see a few pre-code horror books he had on display. Ended up buying just one for maybe $150 but we talked before/after the sale for quite a while, chuckling etc and sharing some favorite precode horror things. He also sold me a full pack if Gerber 778 Halfbacks at internet price and cose me no shipping. Redbeard is one I shall seek out at next Wondercon. A few other never-before dealt with dealers I will ignore completely. They seemed offended that I was looking for a book they did not have (a Cap 75) and two of the dealers I asked about suggested I browse through their lonmg boxes for it???!!!

Yeah, Redbeard is a nice guy. I have yet to buy anything from him, but he has always been real great about answering questions and his books are priced fairly (just never anything I have been searching for!). Good luck with finding that Cap 75, Pov. I always keep an eye out for 74 and 75. I have yet to see those with my own eyes. So Scarce, and when they do come to shows, they seem to sell before I get to the booth! They make my THING searches seem like a walk in the park. A lot of dealers just put them in their collections! I talked to Ted from Superworld about Cap 75 and he said he had two of them but they were firmly ensconsced in his personal collection. He said he had walked into a local store and found a copy priced at guide! Lucky guy!

893offtopic1.gif Just surfed around the Water Cooler for the first time. 893whatthe.gif I guess I won't be talking anything but comics with my fellow forumites. sumo.gif

Well,Metropolis has 3 of them but they are either a bit too off-center or just not nice enough for the asking price. Most frustratintg cause they've been sitting on their web site for some time and I KNOW I could just get one from them - but for minimum $550 I also think I could probbaly do a bit better. Ahhh well.

Y'know I forgot to ask to look at the Cap books at Metro's booth in San Diego frown.gif. I did look at some of their other books, and the grading was pretty good, but the prices, well the prices were high, so I did not buy from them. But Metropolis does have them. Still haven't seen them with my own eyes though... confused-smiley-013.gif

I have dealt with them once. Will never deal with them again. High bidder on 3 pre-code horrors. They send me an "automated" form letter saying payment wqs recieved and books shipped. A couple of weeks later nothing so sent an email. Was told the previous email was "automated" and books were shipping now. Repeat a week later. Finally got the books - ONE book - the other two were "damaged ion the warehouse". Got a check but was REALLY pissed off because I collect one copy of each precode title. Had I known this earlier there were acouple of precodes I could have bought using that money.

While I have no experience with them on Golden Age books, some Bronze Age Captain America's I won never made it to my doorstep. They, too, were "damaged in the warehouse". I think they need a new place to store their comics! shocked.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

There were other booths packed with people who would still make an effort to talk to me and help me with any questions I might have (and even recommend other booths if they did not have what I was looking for!). You can guess which booths got my business.

You are 100% there. I still make dealer/friends to this day. Never dealt with Redbeard before this last Wondercon. Now I'd HEARD of him from about 20 years of Overstreet ads but never met him and had no idea who he was. Hit his booth and asked to see a few pre-code horror books he had on display. Ended up buying just one for maybe $150 but we talked before/after the sale for quite a while, chuckling etc and sharing some favorite precode horror things. He also sold me a full pack if Gerber 778 Halfbacks at internet price and cose me no shipping. Redbeard is one I shall seek out at next Wondercon. A few other never-before dealt with dealers I will ignore completely. They seemed offended that I was looking for a book they did not have (a Cap 75) and two of the dealers I asked about suggested I browse through their lonmg boxes for it???!!!

Just got a small sample order from Redbeard and I won't be ordering from him again.

Ordered three Bronze Age books, one VF and the other two VF/NM.

I received a reply back saying they'd been reserved. I sent payment that day and e-mailed to say so.

When I got the books, only two of the three (naturally, the less interesting two of the three) were present. The VF was just barely and the VF/NM had a minor tear in the cover.

When asked about the missing book, Redbeard said that he'd taken it to SDCC and sold it there since he didn't know if my order was a spoof or not.

I hope he's happy with whatever he got for it, because he's not getting any more of my business.

Once he had my money in hand and no longer had the book, he could have asked me if I wanted a replacement. While I wouldn't have been happy about it, I'd have liked the option to amend or cancel the order.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

I've had a couple of dealings with NeatStuff. Once bought an old World's Finest from him. High grade. I feel his grading was accurate, but paid top dollar for it. Don't mind too much - I think if I sent it in to CGC it would rank near the top for the book. Another time I bought a couple of Silver Age CGC Daredevils. After 1+ month waiting, several emails (none responded to), I finally called, and they said they were "behind" in shipping. Finally got the books, but swore them off. At the time I had the late shipping, they were getting negative FB almost daily regarding their responsiveness and shipping. Earlier this year, I believe.