• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
21 21

18,204 posts in this topic

popular59ga.jpg

You are killing me BZ. Can't I least buy THAT one from you? Won't you feel better knowing you have made a poor old comic geek like me happy? :wishluck:

Bill, if I were selling, I'd definitely give you first crack at it. (thumbs u

Sadly......."if" is the middle word in life......

Actually, "crack" may be the most significant word in BZ's reply.

Jack

poorer and older comic geek

What I intended to say is that I'd offer the comic to Bill at a deep discount to market value.

He'd probably swoon.

:baiting:

popular59ga.jpg

You are killing me BZ. Can't I least buy THAT one from you? Won't you feel better knowing you have made a poor old comic geek like me happy? :wishluck:

Bill, if I were selling, I'd definitely give you first crack at it. (thumbs u

Sadly......."if" is the middle word in life......

Actually, "crack" may be the most significant word in BZ's reply.

Jack

poorer and older comic geek

What I intended to say is that I'd offer the comic to Bill at a deep discount to market value.

He'd probably swoon.

I would swoon indeed

Bill's collection alone is something to swoon about......you guys always pull amazing books out of cubbies in your homes.

Thanks for sharing .........again. Can I get on the list for swooning on certain books I've been looking for over the last 25 years. :foryou: I'll even make you a list when you decide to sell a few book. :cloud9:

I haven't read the story yet but the art seems better than the average Nordling art. Here's one artist that, no matter how much of his output I see, doesn't grow on me with age. What's the name of the ugly feature he drew of two buddy sailors in Crack or Smash? :sick:

2286892784_9df029f055_o.jpg

2286105535_0187046da3_o.jpg

2286912088_e6faf0edb8_o.jpg

I found about a year's worth of Mickey Mouse strips from 1943 in an old scrap book. Even the mouse was brought into the war against the Nazis. Interesting to see I think. Black Pete was also on the other side. I knew he was a bad guy.

BB

I haven't read the story yet but the art seems better than the average Nordling art. Here's one artist that, no matter how much of his output I see, doesn't grow on me with age. :sick:

That's good news for me. lol

I assume you won't be competing against me if any of Nordling's "The Barker" artwork comes on the market. :wishluck:

See my wantlist below. :gossip:

I haven't read the story yet but the art seems better than the average Nordling art. Here's one artist that, no matter how much of his output I see, doesn't grow on me with age. :sick:

That's good news for me. lol

I assume you won't be competing against me if any of Nordling's "The Barker" artwork comes on the market. :wishluck:

See my wantlist below. :gossip:

Ooopss ... Not that I am much competition to anybody but you can rest assured that I won't go against you on those! lol

BZ,

I didn't always find comics at flea markets but I usually found something that interested me. Puzzles, games, books, BLB, rings...

2288277063_338d17b054_b.jpg

2288276689_e2132886aa_b.jpg

2288276411_c445bc350d_b.jpg

2288277431_9401dcf874_b.jpg

2288277699_8ce141535d_b.jpg

And if you ask about badges, my answer is "We don' need no stinkin' badges!"

But ROA secret decoder badges are my favorites.

2288276021_a824dd634b_o.jpg

It is really hard not to diversify if you go to flea markets every weekend. And fun to learn new things.

BB

You know that everyone here is now clamoring to see the Women in Tubes on the next page!

Jack

(Where's Bill Bixby?)

An intriguing page from the Martan the Marvel Man story.

martan.jpg

Popular Comics #56 (October 1940)