• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Nice one Scrooge.

Happy be-lated anniversary BZ! Love this thread.

I was cleaning out the old photobucket account and found the complete CC Beck "Delecta of the Planets" story from Don Fortune Magazine 5. I've posted a few pages before, but not the whole shebang.

Don_Fortune_Magazine_0539.jpg

Don_Fortune_Magazine_0540.jpg

Don_Fortune_Magazine_0541.jpg

Don_Fortune_Magazine_0542.jpg

Don_Fortune_Magazine_0543.jpg

Don_Fortune_Magazine_0544.jpg

Don_Fortune_Magazine_0545.jpg

Don_Fortune_Magazine_0546.jpg

Don_Fortune_Magazine_0547.jpg

Don_Fortune_Magazine_0548.jpg

Happy be-lated anniversary BZ! Love this thread.

I was cleaning out the old photobucket account and found the complete CC Beck "Delecta of the Planets" story from Don Fortune Magazine 5. I've posted a few pages before, but not the whole shebang.

Don_Fortune_Magazine_0539.jpg

Thanks, Doctor S. :applause:

I don't think I've ever owned a Don Fortune comic.

Are Delecta and Telepan in all the stories?

I need to read more of their adventures. lol

I noticed you mentioned you sold some 'amazing' stuff back in the 60s and 70s..... what are some of the things you let go that you might wish you still had?

For starters, the hundreds of pages of Marvel and DC artwork. doh!

thats a really beautiful copy of JUMBO #9 BZ. That issue intrigues me, with its oddball size, and crazy monster cover.

Um, what would it take to get you to post a page or two from the interior of this issue??

hm

Thanks, Doctor S. :applause:

I don't think I've ever owned a Don Fortune comic.

Are Delecta and Telepan in all the stories?

I need to read more of their adventures. lol

Sorry BZ, it's just the back-up feature. Apparently "Delecta" is in all the books in the run. Unfortunately, this is the only Don Fortune I own. Impulse buy. $20, couldn't pass it up.

Been having photobucket problems, so I'm trying imageshack. If I can suss it out, I'l have a Don Fortune story to share.

Also, any interest in some GA romance stories? I've just picked up copies of True Love Pictorial 3 (100 pg giant with Baker and Kubert stories) and Diary Secrets 16 & 17. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but the Baker stories are top notch.

(imageshack test)

truelovepictorial0301bbm8.th.jpg

Imageshack take 2.

This cover is an amazing piece of drawing. Swiped from the "Wizard of Oz", ( thought it might be from "Singing in the Rain" at first, but the book is from 1946, so it's Oz.), the brush/quill work is stunning.

I haven't checked the GCD, but this story looks Beck-ish.

donfortunemagazine0501yv6.th.jpg

donfortunemagazine0513kg6.th.jpg

donfortunemagazine0514kr0.th.jpg

donfortunemagazine0515fy8.th.jpg

donfortunemagazine0516wh6.th.jpg

donfortunemagazine0517fj2.th.jpg

donfortunemagazine0518ki8.th.jpg

donfortunemagazine0519xd3.th.jpg

donfortunemagazine0520bv8.th.jpg

donfortunemagazine0521rt7.th.jpg

donfortunemagazine0522bn7.th.jpg

I noticed you mentioned you sold some 'amazing' stuff back in the 60s and 70s..... what are some of the things you let go that you might wish you still had?

For starters, the hundreds of pages of Marvel and DC artwork. doh!

Well, you hung onto action 1, superman 1, batman 1, tec 27, all american 16, adventure 40.... you're doing more than OK. Not many would have had the intestinal fortitude to keep ignoring the rising value of the books.

thats a really beautiful copy of JUMBO #9 BZ. That issue intrigues me, with its oddball size, and crazy monster cover.

Um, what would it take to get you to post a page or two from the interior of this issue??

I'll post a few story pages sometime in the next couple of days.

Until then, here's a peek at the inside front cover. :shy:

jumbo4.jpg

Also, any interest in some GA romance stories? I've just picked up copies of True Love Pictorial 3 (100 pg giant with Baker and Kubert stories) and Diary Secrets 16 & 17. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but the Baker stories are top notch.

I'd love to see the romance stories.

Do you have any scanned?

I didn't know 100 page giants like those existed. Are they store return copies, rebound and then resold in a new format?