• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

BZ

There was a network of crazy people like myself across the country taping any and all cartoon shorts. We would trade them like baseball cards. It was fun back in the day but now I would much rather purchase them off Amazon and have them delivered to my door!!

It is definitely easier buying them off Amazon.

Here are a few that are on my current Amazon Wish List:

511PZEM9YYL._SL110_.jpg

The Cartoons That Time Forgot - The Ub Iwerks Collection, Vol. 1

51CREHGVCAL._SL110_.jpg

Cartoons That Time Forgot - The Ub Iwerks Collection, Vol. 2

51a1Mdx4hnL._SL110_.jpg

Betty Boop - The Vintage Cartoon Collection (Remastered Edition) 2-DVD Set

514NXHK0WVL._SL110_.jpg

Max Fleischer's Color Classics: Somewhere in Dreamland

51p2ixKZHQL._SL110_.jpg

Tom and Jerry - Spotlight Collection

516YpHBB9oL._SL110_.jpg

Tex Avery's Droopy - The Complete Theatrical Collection

51-E4sOqPhL._SL110_.jpg

Popeye the Sailor: 1933-1938, Vol. 1

51nBtDuN4LL._SL110_.jpg

Popeye the Sailor, Vol. 2: 1938-1940

51V8D7WSBVL._SL110_.jpg

Popeye the Sailor: 1941-1943, Vol. 3

51egnWkNHqL._SL110_.jpg

The Woody Woodpecker and Friends Classic Cartoon Collection

Have you Golden Age readers ever had this problem?

flubadub.jpg

(from Howdy Doody 38 -- not my scan)

Jack, distracted

This is another reference to comic books in a comic. The smart guy gets picked because they think he is dumb since he reads comics

3195746116_967ebd9875_o.jpg

Isn't Ozzie trying to make it to first base on the cover? Perhaps I missed the point but Ozzie seems to have it covered.

bb

3195746166_5ba0df3f58_o.jpg

I had to backtrack to the PB conversation, yesterday's mail brought one of my favorite Ed Bergey covers:

72070.jpg

:applause: Great looking copy you found. :applause:

:gossip: Do Helen's parents know she's going out in public dressed like that? :blush:

I'd launch 1,000 ships for a shot at that. :o

Isn't Ozzie trying to make it to first base on the cover? Perhaps I missed the point but Ozzie seems to have it covered.

bb

3195746166_5ba0df3f58_o.jpg

Have there ever been thicker inks?

And yes, Ozzie's intentions are less than honorable.

Jack

I had to backtrack to the PB conversation, yesterday's mail brought one of my favorite Ed Bergey covers:

72070.jpg

:applause: Great looking copy you found. :applause:

:gossip: Do Helen's parents know she's going out in public dressed like that? :blush:

I'd launch 1,000 ships for a shot at that. :o

I was thinking there should have been a cover blurb saying "The Dress that launched a 1000 ships"

3193354610_7e88ef2f78_b.jpg

Thanks for the scan, BB. :applause:

Other than the thumbnail sized reproductions in the preview to the new Norman Saunders' book, I've never seen any of Saunders' Modern Mechanix covers.

Link

My favorite Saunders story Involves him applying for a job doing plp covers. The editor asks him if he paints with gouache, since that is what they use, He says, Yes of course! He gets the job, then runs home to look up what gouache is! lol

Earle Bergey Wikepedia Biography: Link

Earle Bergey Paperback Cover Art: Link

Earle Bergey Pulp Cover Art: Link

:blush:

Apparently at 6:41am my fingers found it easier to type "Ed". doh!

Ah, the joy of creation and cutting up your comics to make a new toy.

That beaver dam looked pretty good Scrooge. I think I have that issue but didn't notice the figures on the back. This would be pretty useful if you had children in the cub scouts or girl scouts. I put the models on the shelf with my other toys. Someday I will buy another camera and take some pictures. There are a few more Fox creations that I haven't made yet.

bb

Edited by BB-Gun

Ah, the joy of creation and cutting up your comics to make a new toy.

That beaver dam looked pretty good Scrooge. I think I have that issue but didn't notice the figures on the back. This would be pretty useful if you had children in the cub scouts or girl scouts. I put the models on the shelf with my other toys. Someday I will buy another camera and take some pictures. There are a few more Fox creations that I haven't made yet.

bb

I used to scan the paper doll cutouts in the Katy Keene books for my daughter. She really enjoyed those. Funny how even kids of this generation would still have fun with something as simple as that. Pretty cool actually

First you'll see the back cover of Four Color 625 - Beaver Valley and then my crafty handiwork - 72284.jpg72287.jpg

lol Nice work, Scrooge. :applause:

Dell Comics. :cloud9:

I went looking through a stack of Four Color Comics hunting for more cutouts, but didn't have any luck.

However, I did find a few neat ads for cereals back at a time the cereal box could be a source of entertainment. Do cereals still offer these sort of treats?

4c1182.jpg

Four Color #1182