• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
21 21

18,204 posts in this topic

Here is Four Color #72 with some other shots. Raggedy Ann & Andy truly is one of the most unexpectedly refreshing comics I have ever read. They follow a logic completely all its own, you can never figure out what is coming next. Surrealism runs rampant & odd turns of phrase are everywhere. Here is the front, back & 2 pages from inside that typify the sort of storytelling you could expect.

3202406836_abb81a0a58_o.jpg

Back cover

3203029090_abf0739a79_o.jpg

Snoopwiggy! What a name, what a character design. What is he supposed to be?

The Loonies are cool -- kind of reminds me of the CGC boards.

I've got to get one of these some day.

(Did you accidentally post the back cover twice instead of an interior page?)

Thanks,

Jack

aka Snoop Wiggy Wigg

Ack! Didn't notice, thanks for catching that, this comes before the panel page Already posted...

3203029116_c04dee85cf_o.jpg

Thanks. Lovely style with the unruled panels. Only Dell could pull that off well.

That makes more sense -- at first I just thought that Wrinkles was always full of beans (a euphemism my mom used to use).

Jack

full of something

Here is Four Color #72 with some other shots. Raggedy Ann & Andy truly is one of the most unexpectedly refreshing comics I have ever read.

3202406836_abb81a0a58_o.jpg

I'm a big fan of Raggedy Ann, too. :applause:

Another of my favorite comic books is New Funnies which includes stories of Raggedy Ann & Andy, and Mr. Twee Deedle (which was also created by Johnny Gruelle). The feature in Dell was illustrated by Johnny's brother, Justin.