• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
21 21

18,204 posts in this topic

WOW! Great stuff. I especially like the silhouette panel at the bottom of this page.

For fans of silhouettes and or animated films I recommend the 1926 film, "The Adventures of Prince Achmed."

It is said to be the first feature-length animated film. Link

Here are a few frames from it.

achmed01.jpg

achmed02.jpg

achmed03.jpg

achmed04.jpg

achmed05.jpg

achmed06.jpg

achmed07.jpg

achmed08.jpg

achmed09.jpg

achmed10.jpg

WOW! Great stuff. I especially like the silhouette panel at the bottom of this page.

For fans of silhouettes and or animated films I recommend the 1926 film, "The Adventures of Prince Achmed."

achmed05.jpg

Wow, very pretty! I like this one the best.

Have you seen the film? Where did you find it? On line? The links I found to segments youtube are dead.

Thanks,

Jack

achmed05.jpg

Wow, very pretty! I like this one the best.

Have you seen the film? Where did you find it? On line? The links I found to segments youtube are dead.

Thanks,

Jack

I borrowed it from Netflix.

Also, for anyone who wants to own a copy, Amazon has it for sale. Link

51BH1EZRV1L._SL160_AA115_.jpg

I was going through the Weekend Edition of the Wall Street Journal and they reproduced in large another work of a Golden Age pioneer. They showed this Lou Glanzman interpretation of the Jackson Inauguration -

72511.jpg.b228b9ef81ef1000a4793ff6661ac8c3.jpg

repeat from Have a cigar since I think it fits here better...

For my 10,000th post.... A personal grail! I just got this in today, I bought it sight unseen, and almost fell over when I saw how nice it was & that it is a white paged copy! Very hard to find Four Color #5 from 1942, the 1st Raggedy Ann & Andy comic! I have seen a couple of these over the last few years, but always 3 or 4 times over guide. This was at straight guide & I couldn't be happier!

3212849511_f1240d343e_o.jpg