• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

I paid about $12 each for the two I posted. Unless it's an in demand author, super desirable subject matter or super rare they rarely cost more than $20. The 2 lovecraft books I posted are generally a bit higher, $25ish on Dunwhich horror and $35-$45ish on Weird Shadow.

Oh that's pretty cheap. I need to track down some. Thanks for the help!

I paid about $12 each for the two I posted. Unless it's an in demand author, super desirable subject matter or super rare they rarely cost more than $20. The 2 lovecraft books I posted are generally a bit higher, $25ish on Dunwhich horror and $35-$45ish on Weird Shadow.

I got lucky last year and found a big cache of Dell mapbacks, and other 1940's - 50's paperbacks, at 2 for $5 at a local shop

I got lucky last year and found a big cache of Dell mapbacks, and other 1940's - 50's paperbacks, at 2 for $5 at a local shop

:applause: great score!

Here is a little surprise that showed up at work on Friday. Does anyone know if these are reprints from early Gottfredson or if they are original to Belgium where this book was published. Take a close look, some really un-MIckey like behavior here, from the Mickey gun-totin cover to the pages documenting Mickey's numerous attempts at suicide! That cover looks like it could be from Air Pirates Funnies instead of an officially sanctioned Disney publication. I've included the inside cover and copyright info as well.

85520.jpg.725f117a64fdb5237b9cfbaf7e8c1643.jpg

85521.jpg.652d5c0526b7301cd59fb1fc0f67b111.jpg

85523.jpg.cd050d0f8afeaca1940ad0651fd18a9a.jpg

85524.jpg.03a2dbed7cc5dbded0756254c6f827dd.jpg

85525.jpg.5847cc89cc8a8bafb31576eb33536d03.jpg

Here is a little surprise that showed up at work on Friday. Does anyone know if these are reprints from early Gottfredson or if they are original to Belgium where this book was published. Take a close look, some really un-MIckey like behavior here, from the Mickey gun-totin cover to the pages documenting Mickey's numerous attempts at suicide! That cover looks like it could be from Air Pirates Funnies instead of an officially sanctioned Disney publication. I've included the inside cover and copyright info as well.

Love it... :applause:

Was fortunate to pick these up...

Issue 4

AvonFantasyReader4.jpg

Holy Fudd! That's a wild cover.

Any idea who drew it?

Have you looked inside? What does The Arrhenius Horror mean? I only know his equation, which isn't too horrible.

Jack