• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
21 21

18,204 posts in this topic

I've really enjoyed all your books, Mr. Whiz, thanks a lot from me too. Seeing and learning about books that I never knew existed makes it fun to follow the boards. The Popeye books appeal to me because they have a timeless quality about them that make them stand out from most Platinum comics. Seeing them in this condition is just wonderful.

Thanks for the kudos on my Popeye books, guys. Appreciate it!

Here's another.. This is my ultimate Popeye grail book. Feature Book #nn. Gerber 10. Overstreet says 3 known copies -- well, 4 now. I really lucked out when I found this book on ebay a year ago. A woman discovered it in her father's attic in Queens, NY along with a couple other beater GA books. I can't possibly relay how thrilled I was to get this book in my collection.. and how I'm even more thrilled that it now looks as good as it does.

I don't know if you GA forum guys ever wander into the restoration forum.. but I recently posted this book there to show off the amazing restoration job Matt (restoman) and Kenny (Ze-Man) of Classics Incorporated did. You'll be blown away by the before and after shots. LINK

FeatureBooknnfront.jpg

(worship)

Enoch Bolles (1883-1976) is probably best known for the covers he painted for Film Fun magazine. He produced over 200 covers for the magazine during a 21 year period.

I just picked up a few Film Fun with his covers, including this classic 1934 issue:

filmfun%20001.jpg

Take a look at this extraordinary book that sold for $8776 on eBay.

That's an incredible book. I forwarded the link to all my animator friends. Funny, too.. Now-a-days, that sort of sexist humor would be grounds for a sexual harassment suit. Times have changed.

really cool book! seems like a good price for such an artifact!

Enoch Bolles (1883-1976) is probably best known for the covers he painted for Film Fun magazine. He produced over 200 covers for the magazine during a 21 year period.

I just picked up a few Film Fun with his covers, including this classic 1934 issue:

filmfun%20001.jpg

great cover!

:shy:

Here's the bulk of what I picked up, some signed Bolles, some unsigned:

July, 1928

filmfun%20002.jpg

January, 1937 some light foxing but BEAUTIFUL copy with inside cover Joan Crawford/Clark Gable ad and Tarzan pics.

filmfun%20003.jpg

July, 1931 (fuzzy pic :eek:)

filmfun%20004.jpg

April, 1939

filmfun%20005.jpg

And an Earl Moran cover as well:

September, 1935

filmfun%20006.jpg