• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

[...]

7818259260_1992942e3b_c.jpg

and the comics.

Thanks for sharing the photos. It hurts a little to see that last one and think back at what that display used to be like. I can't imagine what Mr. Geppi must have been through, but I hope he will soon be back and do other great things for our hobby.

However, I did think of you when I went to the Railroad Museum and saw this boxcar used in WWI which was presented to the state of Maryland by the French National Railroad.

TrainMuseum3.jpg

Neat. I haven't made it to the Museum but the girls did last year - They liked this because of our Oklahoman roots

IMG_3122.jpg

7823698904_57717a49d5_c.jpg

If your family likes train museums, then you might want to check out the Strasburg Train Museum.

Sometimes Thomas is there and the kids can ride a real steam engine driven train.

Edited by BB-Gun

:applause: for that children's menu.

Both my sons grew up on Thomas the Tank Engine. We watched all the shows (up to that time), and still have the original issue tracks and trains (when they were made out of wood) in storage somewhere.

Sometimes Thomas is there and the kids can ride a real steam engine driven train.

The family rode a train out of the B'More museum but couldn't tell you if steam engine driven or not :shrug:

BZ, what was the ride option?

7826959622_3b21f0ca13_c.jpg

My son-in-law likes full scale locomotives and O-gauge model trains and my grandson likes to go for a ride.

Strasburg railroad travels from Strasburg to Paradise, PA and back. Thomas made a similar trip.

7826957682_22005ce06c.jpg

The family rode a train out of the B'More museum but couldn't tell you if steam engine driven or not :shrug:

BZ, what was the ride option?

We took a slow train ride down the track, then the train backed up and returned to the station. All together it lasted around 20 minutes.

I don't think the locomotive was a steam engine but maybe it was and I just wasn't very observant. (shrug)

The view was mostly the backyards of Baltimore row houses, but closer to the train station we did get to see some other cars in the museum's collection.

TrainRide2.jpg

TrainRide1.jpg

Later we ate dinner at a nearby diner.

I thought the kid's menu was interesting.

ChildrensMenu.jpg

The menu looked pretty good at Red Fury's BBQ this weekend. We admired his collection of All Star recreations by Hasen and Moldoff.

7866310446_c9cf7fd7c4_b.jpg

He showed us some comics and pulps. I tried to put the Wonder Woman 1 back in the box with my comics but Bill was watching too closely.

7866311290_e22272e221_b.jpg

Todd had a lot of comics I wanted such as the Powerhouse Pepper. :cloud9:

7866313408_234286e2da_b.jpg

[The menu looked pretty good at Red Fury's BBQ this weekend. We admired his collection of All Star recreations by Hasen and Moldoff.

It sounds like a great time. :applause:

Those cover recreations look especially appealing. What size are they?

We passed through Baltimore briefly this summer on our way to Maine and I finally got to check out the Geppi Museum with the wife and kids.

Geppi01.jpg

:applause:

What exhibits did your kids enjoy the most?

My daughter liked the Archie and Disney comics best.

She's also is a big fan of I Love Lucy.

museum7.jpg

[The menu looked pretty good at Red Fury's BBQ this weekend. We admired his collection of All Star recreations by Hasen and Moldoff.

It sounds like a great time. :applause:

Those cover recreations look especially appealing. What size are they?

BZ, that is about twice up or 4x the area of the original comic. Perhaps Todd can provide a better estimate.

It's been a few months since I presented any new Pop Quizzes around here so I thought I'd rekindle the contest this evening.

For those of you unfamiliar with the competition, I'm presenting a cropped image from a Golden Age cover.

The challenge is for you to be the first to identify the comic.