• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

I used Photoshop to magnify my file 3200% and the pixels are purple, which surprised me. However, that would more readily support the idea that "the purple ran out."
That's more consistent with the rest of the image. I'm surprised they went to the expense of a fifth color.

Obviously they didn't go to enough expense since it ran out! lol

Rolled into Cross Plains last night where I found a few of my other early bird friends. It didn't talk long for the pulps and Irish whiskey to come out.

Jeff, were any of the attendees at the Howard event able to provide you with any new bits of knowledge about the history of Conan comics in Mexico?

There was one guy, an older collector, that said he owned a couple of the 60s ones many years ago (possible some of the same copies I have now), but that was it. They were a real hit though.

Here's a trip report that talks about the comics panel some:

http://adventuresfantastic.blogspot.com/

Jim Mooney did that in 98 for me to bad i didn't have him do 44 also he was just a nice guy and very talented he also did the cover for Our Flag in that rare bird group.All the good ones are leaving us now, they will all be missed!

I knew you had that Supermystery always loved that cover maybe its the colors one of my favorites that Mr Mooney did thanks for posting all the others (thumbs u

Those are great JB. I like the Our Flag cover. Didn't you mention that Mooney was a little concerned about adding all of the little details in that one.

5229070627_93e3fdecaa_z.jpg3819648623_ea46606b9e_z.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

My favorite Mooney recreation is this one.

I know this is an esoteric GA title and character. Ain't it grand!! I love the recreations that I have managed to put together. The first party commissions were the best. Most of the time the artist just love doing them

Yes Mooney did not like doing all the detail on the Our Flag or many of the logos.

Bright colors, twice up, damsel in distressed about to get drilled by the mad badguy. It don't get better than that. THAT is the GOLDEN AGE

"Jim Mooney" doing "Jim Mooney" The original artist reaching across generations to do this wonderful renderings. Sigh..........

Here is a link to some of my recreations. About 50% or so were direct commissions

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=5028

138619.jpg.13da965956b7120c41a30d89214711d5.jpg

138620.jpg.a34dfbde1caad404d1fa1099225d0d44.jpg

My favorite Mooney recreation is this one.

I know this is an esoteric GA title and character. Ain't it grand!! I love the recreations that I have managed to put together. The first party commissions were the best. Most of the time the artist just love doing them

Yes Mooney did not like doing all the detail on the Our Flag or many of the logos.

Bright colors, twice up, damsel in distressed about to get drilled by the mad badguy. It don't get better than that. THAT is the GOLDEN AGE

"Jim Mooney" doing "Jim Mooney" The original artist reaching across generations to do this wonderful renderings. Sigh..........

Here is a link to some of my recreations. About 50% or so were direct commissions

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=5028

That's my favorite too. Love it! :applause: