• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

One of the highlights of the ‘Mushroom Jungle’ (Brit postwar PB scene) was Cherry Tree’s short-lived series of Fantasy Books. #s 400 through 411 from 1951-1953 was a well-produced and edited (some classic reprints) run of very colorful SF. I had FB Long & Elron and was recently inspired after seeing ‘Vanguard to Neptune’ for the first time. Felt so good when I scored it that I ran around (e-wise) some more and found 3 others. A handsome sextet, I must say…

cherrytree.JPG

cherrytree.JPG

Great looking paperbacks! :applause:

In contrast, the covers of UNKNOWN (which is where Hubbard's Typewriter in the Sky was originally published) were noteworthy only bacause they lacked the typical lurid covers of pulp magazines of that time period.

unknown194011.jpg

unknown194012.jpg

I know that the story was printed in the summer 1931 issue of Wonder Stories Quarterly. I wasn't aware of a possible earlier publication date.

I was thinking of taking some photos but I see that someone with a Flickr account has already scanned all the illustrations.

How about we all take a look at them.

They're pretty nifty. :popcorn:

Vandals of the Void Illustrations

I know that the story was printed in the summer 1931 issue of Wonder Stories Quarterly. I wasn't aware of a possible earlier publication date.

I was thinking of taking some photos but I see that someone with a Flickr account has already scanned all the illustrations.

How about we all take a look at them.

They're pretty nifty. :popcorn:

Vandals of the Void Illustrations

Wow that flickr account is full of great Paul illos!