• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

Guess the time has come to show my favorite book. BZ got me going with this ‘Hoffman’ the mystery surrealistic paperback cover artist so amazing they wrote a book of tales about him. Oh- that’s ANOTHER Hoffman. ETA Hoffman the seminal German fantasist of the early 1800s. In addition this 1932 Harrap masterpiece features exquisitely-printed color plates by the wonderful Mario Laboccetta. I will not be scanning any more, because I don’t want to stress book or myself overmuch, but this one came out really good. Here is the cover I joked about above- plate will follow in separate post…

img994.jpg

I've been reading lots of Atlas comics lately.

I am impressed with all the top-notch talent that was working there in the 1950's. Most of the artists are individuals whose work I am familiar with, but I've also encountered several who I don't know.

How many of the following can you identify?

2012_6a.jpg