• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen #5 (Rare "Marvel Ad" copy)

72 posts in this topic

Relax,.... Collect what you like.

But do you honestly think you will never see this book again?

I think you are really overstating things here.

(PS What did I misspell, I'll fix it for ya)

Then your collecting the wrong books

It's YOU'RE, not your.

Your indicates possession, and You're means "You are".

I see the LoEG #5 as one of the hardest books to find. I MIGHT see one again (on e-bay) but every dealer I went to, couldn't locate a copy. It's rare that it comes up

for auction. I finally nabbed a copy of the Elseworld special in San Diego this year.

I see these books like the "Inverted Jenny" in stamps. It's a error book that few copies exist. It's that simple.

Take almost any book you have in your collection and tell me how many copies you've seen of it over the years at any price? If you had the money, you could buy an Amazing Fantasy 15. No problem -- they're out there. But see how many times you can find a LoEG #5 error, or a Kid Colt #205 30 cent variant.

You think it was for nothing that a book that guides for $7 went for almost $300

last week?

They didn't even list the LoEG #5 in the guide -- so as far as the market is concerned, it"officially" has no special value. Yet it's a $200 book -- at least!

I find collecting key books is fun -- but having something unique is even better.

893blahblah.gif

I seen this book a lot on ebay. May not be as rare as everyone thinks. From what I've seen of it, it looks like a ad is printed on the cover or it may be a sticker of a ad. I never bought a copy of this book. I didn't really think it was worth it just for some small added ad. Besides it looks like one of the ads that has appeared in one of the issues already. They do have some crazy old time looking ads in LXG books. I guess if you want every variation??? But remember LEAGUE books have dropped in selling price since the movie. The movie didn't do anything for the comic. Just hyped it up for a while. Now prices are falling faster then a ton of wet comics. Before the movie came out I was selling LEAGUE books way up there in price. Now it ain't worth putting up for sale.

I'll make you a deal then if you can find a dealer selling

Catman 13

Fox Giant Comics Editions 12

Silver Streak NN

and I buy the book

I'll GIVE YOU a copy of LoEG #5 and a Two Gun kid 30 cent variant grin.gif

I seen this book a lot on ebay. May not be as rare as everyone thinks. From what I've seen of it, it looks like a ad is printed on the cover or it may be a sticker of a ad. I never bought a copy of this book. I didn't really think it was worth it just for some small added ad. Besides it looks like one of the ads that has appeared in one of the issues already. They do have some crazy old time looking ads in LXG books. I guess if you want every variation??? But remember LEAGUE books have dropped in selling price since the movie. The movie didn't do anything for the comic. Just hyped it up for a while. Now prices are falling faster then a ton of wet comics. Before the movie came out I was selling LEAGUE books way up there in price. Now it ain't worth putting up for sale.

AAAAAAAAARGH. Ad printed on the cover? Sticker of an ad? I don't think you know what this books is -- but maybe I'm wrong. If you've seen this book for under $100, point it out to me. I'll give you $20 for each copy I buy!! Hey, if you say it's not rare, that should be a great deal for you!!!

The price of the regular editions has NOTHING to do with the price of the error edition. The regular edition costs $5.

I'll make you a deal then if you can find a dealer selling

Catman 13

Fox Giant Comics Editions 12

Silver Streak NN

and I buy the book

I'll GIVE YOU a copy of LoEG #5 and a Two Gun kid 30 cent variant grin.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

You've got to be kidding me. First I have to find the dealer, then you HAVE to buy the book and then you'll "give" me two books you can't possibly deliver to me??

Way to waste my time!

I honestly can't believe you're comparing the rarity of golden age books to a book that came out a few years ago.

insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif

Its called a Finders fee, I'm not kidding. Im really looking for these books.

If I give you BOTH variants, it would have to be for a really good price. 2.5X guide

I've got the Two Gun kid 131 30 cent variant. The other variant I could grab of e-bay in a second.

I'll give you just the Two Gun if you can JUST find them at 3X guide.

Go ahead.

AAAAAAAAARGH. Ad printed on the cover? Sticker of an ad? I don't think you know what this books is -- but maybe I'm wrong. If you've seen this book for under $100, point it out to me. I'll give you $20 for each copy I buy!!

Right about now I wish ebay stiil had that obsion to bring up old auctions. Then I could show you the book I seen. That would make more clear. What I had seen was something different on the cover. Looked like an ad (like shown in that attachment above that someone did) Seriously; I'm not B S'ing about this.

Right now there is one of these books on ebay for sale. Around $30. Its not like the one that I seen though, but I think its what you have discribed.