• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #14 - Will i receive a nice book or expect the worse?

22 posts in this topic

Updated - I tried to link a pic from the auction in my original post which didn't work. Even though Point Five linked it. I'll link it again here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...bayphotohosting

Thanks for the opinions everybody. Definetely opened my eyes more. Here's the update. I emailed him back asking about the cropped pic and if there was any trimming involved. He said no and also he has more ASM if im interested. This relieved me somewhat but obviously one step at a time here. He shipped it out today with insurance and a tracking number which is good.

What bugs me is that i am generally a very smart ebayer. And i literally acted before i gave it thought because of the nice pic and his good feedback, and wanted to jump in before someone else bid on it. Hopefully this will not be an expensive lesson. Live and learn. foreheadslap.gif

So far he seems genuine in his responses. He responded to all my questions in a timely manner. Another thing i notice is the color of the cover. In most pics of #14 ive seen spider-man's suit had a blackish color which now is blue.

There's two possible scenerios i thought of. One is he tinted the color to make it nice(in his view) for the auction. Which is fine as long as when receive it, it's in it's natural state.

Or two, which would be my worst fear that it was touched up or restored. All i can do now is wait. So far communication wise everything has been good. Knock on wood. I may get it Saturday, but most likely Mon or Tues. 893crossfingers-thumb.gifThanks for everybody's feedback. It was greatly appreciated. I don't feel so alone in this matter at least in spirit. I will keep everyone updated.

I would just say that if something is too good to be true, it probably is. If he cropped the picture I'd have to ask why. I'd also have to ask why he accepted $325 for what looks like a $1500 book! I notice he doesn't bother to grade the book either. Feedback seemed to be mainly as a buyer. I'd not have bought this book but you may have gotten a real steal. Would love an update.

keith contarino