• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YO!...Shield...check out this guys MLJ's

9 posts in this topic

That's my old Pep 27. I bought it from Metropolis back in 2001 as a VG/Fine. Sent it off to CGC and they graded it a VG. These books are being sold on consignment for another seller; ComicsbyMike is just listing these for someone else (the guy I sold the 27 to). Apparently the Pep 27 has been removed from the CGC holder AND there's a new large piece missing off the right hand side that wasn't there before.

That's my old Pep 28 as well. First early Archie issue of Pep I ever owned; I sent it off to get graded as well. It's a nice solid book, but nothing super special.

Now that I look at it, that's my old Pep 26 too. It's a real rag.

The Pep 23 is the one I turned down last week for $800.

Thanks so much for showing me these auctions though; I might sneak in a bid or two on some of these.

Shawn

Based on this thread ,

I think Shield has already seen these books since this Pep #23 that was offered to him earlier (see above thread)

1691267-pep23.jpg

appears to be this #23 offered for auction on ebay, although now there is another chip out of the cover.

pep_23.jpg

I guess the right edge of the cover may be kind of fragile.

You're exactly right, and thanks for pointing out that additional chip out. This is why I didn't go on that road trip; most of these books were simply in too low of a grade.

The Archie #3 that is coming up later is pretty nice though except for a tape pull.

Also, here's a completed auction back in the day for that exact Pep 23:

Old Auction for Pep 23